Scammed by IG user pokemon_vip not refunding?

As shown in the tracking link, card arrived back Dec. 9th. Let’s assume best case that he does indeed go through with sending to PWCC for their next block, it gets listed on eBay on whatever date their next one is scheduled to go live, it goes to bid for 10 days after that, the winning bidder actually pays, PWCC then sends the money to the original seller…we’re looking at a Feb refund from a Dec return? Again, that’s assuming best case where all of the above happens without any hiccups (e.g., shill bidding with no payment, seller doesn’t suddenly have other life events that require money,…). So yeah while on the one hand my options are limited given this was a f&f buy, I’m just not sure if I can be patient to that extent :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

@smpratte, i’m not disagreeing, the seller has certainly made several bad decisions in a short amount of time. i definitely don’t envy this situation.

1 Like

Unfortunately Mike I dont know what other options you have, opening a lawsuit will require more patience, and more capital.

You might be better off getting him to send the card back to you? You can sell it yourself and get the funds quicker. Unfortunately since you paid F&F you’ve lost all of your protection

2 Likes

This is actually a great point, but since the seller already started the PWCC process is this possible?

I would only do it through a PayPal case that way you have a record of everything and the money automatically gets refunded once the item arrives

You shouldnt be delaying this, get on thr phone with paypal immediately. This individual is a piece of work and is just making excuses. You should be getting a full refund and theres no debating that.

Give someone a taste of your kindness and they will take advantage of it. It doesnt matter what position or stature they may have in the hobby

1 Like

I have made the mistake when I was initially collecting. I give no sympathy if people are not going to purchase via official channels and especially if you pay Friends and Family if they are not Friends or Family… :X.

Just another case of an Instagram purchase…

Your gut even told you: “which at the time I thought could not be possible given how poorly printed the card was”
What the seller did was f***ed up though for not giving you a refund and I do feel bad for that.

As a courtesy I messaged the seller on Instagram letting him know a post was made. Hopefully he can respond with his side of the story, do the right thing and we can move on peacefully.

1 Like

There’s no reason to discuss this further. An item was sold, whether we agree with the reason for requesting to return it or not, the seller accepted the return and is obligated to refund the money as soon as the card is received.

@smaili, you screwed up by paying F&F. Hopefully this is a learning experience for you, and the rest of the forum.

6 Likes