Reviewing a few pens for card signings

Hey @Keishara , just wanted to say thank you for this article. Based on your test findings, I managed to get some UNI prockey pens. It was an upgrade from the black sharpie. I am not an artist by any means and I used It for the E4 signature exchange event. I am very happy with the overall output. The final signature looked vibrant after drying.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome. Thanks for giving these a go!

Glad to hear they came out well. Was it easy to find these pens? If not, Iā€™ll try to include some pens more readily available.

3 Likes

I am based in the Netherlands, so after checking some local stationary stores, I managed to find a really great pen store online where I could easily order them. I think the UNI Prockey were the most affordable (besides the sharpie) from your recommendations, but your ratings for them were higher, so I went with them.

I had to be patient with the drying times because the sharpie dries faster, and this took a bit more time, but the quality of the sign was so much better than a regular sharpie, specially since these were water based.

Again, thank you. But if you have other recommendations for pens, it might be useful for others. I think I will stick to these pens for my uses going forward :blush:

Cheers!

3 Likes

I also bought UNI Prockey and used them for the sig exchange, they were great for it. Given I had to sign ~50 cards it wasnā€™t too bad doing an assembly line style approach to deal with the drying.

2 Likes

So I tried the fine tip version of the UNI Prockey. It struggles on smoother card surfaces, as you can see thereā€™s spotting in the auto. Whereas the thick one doesnā€™t.

Iā€™d say stick to one of the oil based pens for such surfaces (such as Pilot Name pen) or the fat version of the Prockey.

2 Likes

Never been to an event to have a card signed before, but I know what Iā€™ll be bringing if I do. Thanks!

3 Likes