Recently purchased a Prerelease Raichu

Hey all,

I bought this card recently and am hoping it’s real but looking for feedback. As I stated in the video, the owner lives in Italy and claimed his father often traveled to California and Seattle for business and would bring him Pokemon cards back. He said his father brought him this one back, telling him it was never put in packs and was rare. From what I have matched up with the other known copy, this one looks legit. The stamp on fake ones I have seen looks like it’s all over the place, usually the stamp is missing color or the font size looks off. I certainly hope it’s real and will be attempting to bring the card to PSA/Beckett tomorrow at a card show in Mass to see if someone will authenticate it/grade it.

Thanks guys!

Why is he recording himself in a car? Needless to say, my jimmies are rustled.

1 Like

This is me actually. It was pouring rain and I had waited almost a month for delivery. Couldn’t wait to get in the house lol.

Nope sorry, the stamp is the wrong colour

1 Like

That is a fake Prerelease Raichu. Hopefully you were not the winner of this auction, as that was fake. Scammers take actual Base Raichu cards and add a fake stamp, which is exactly what you own.

The stamp is not the correct color, or font spacing.

4 Likes

Trust me, it will be BIG news if a real one ever goes for sale publicly. Can’t imagine a sale price under 5 figures for this card.
Use that buyer protection!

1 Like

Did you also buy a PSA 10 1st Ed Charizard that was up for auction but the guy would sell for $3500 if you emailed him? C’mon man

Which will @garyis2000 comment about first, tape or fake?

13 Likes

This card is so real I’ll buy it for $1

1 Like

It’s gonna be an interesting day if PSA ends up grading it.

2 Likes

That was me :slightly_frowning_face:

I am ready to refinance my house the next time the Prelease Raichu goes for sale!

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. Hope you can get a refund or something sorted out with the seller.

1 Like

Wow, I hope your able to get your money back. Sucks

Watched the whole video with vicious excitement, then I saw the black Stamp…

I gotta admit I got a little pissed off.

Hopefully you didn’t pay much.

2 Likes

This is why we fight so aggressively to get good information out there. I’m sorry you did not get the chance to seek advice prior to making the decision.

I hate this kind of scamming with my whole heart.

6 Likes

If you are able to post detailed pictures here (I know you already uploaded a video) people can benefit from being victims of this scam again, especially with such a rare card. Maybe we can add them to the article Scott did back in August or something. I’m just worried the moment that card gets returned, someone will try to buy it again and hopefully by then we can have more visible information in the forum regarding the card.

Sorry for your Loss

Better open a eBay right away or you wont get refunded

I had asked the seller in advance what color the stamp was and he said under certain light, it looked green :slightly_frowning_face:

I feel for you man. I hope everything works out with it