Re-sealed Boxes

Unfortunate news on the pull tabs: SilverRayStore Is Selling Resealed Pokemon Booster Boxes On Yahoo Japan ⚠️ - YouTube

rattlepokemon shares 2 booster boxes that were still tampered with, both have the pull tabs. Resealers will instead open the box from the side and re-glue

1 Like

I saw the “void” stickers on the Metazoo boxes from some opening on Youtube a while ago and wondered why something this simple wasn’t implemented in Pokemon. Maybe because it makes the box less aesthetically pleasing? Or because the Metazoo “void” sticker has it’s own bypasses? Don’t know, but it seems like a pretty simple and effective change.

I suppose if people are going to do whatever necessary to reseal a box, then the design has to account for that. Making the pull tab only on one side seems to make it easy to get around.

Have their been issues on resealed modern? I havent seen any boxes resealed since like 2008 era. When you can see into the box its pretty easy to tell.

This thread has not been updated for the Scarlet & Violet release, but as @rabby250 pointed out in this thread New Anti-Reseal Boxes for Scarlet & Violet - the new boxes have weakly glued corner flaps enough to be opened from the side

2 Likes