Raw illustrator on ebay?

So the seller as 6 feedback point, and the account is from 2020, but eBay “approve” the authenticity

What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Fake 100%.
Even if hypothetically true this person is losing thousands of dollars.
He could send it for grading and then to a auction house and makes hundreds of thousands but he choose to auction by himself on Ebay. Not the smartest person on the planet. And in 2022 to Own this card you need to be really smart or wealthy :laughing:

3 Likes

Yep fake

6 feedback seller, pictures on a plastic countertop. we gotta use some critical thinking here my brother.

1 Like

I think they need to change the saturation levels on their printer :joy:

2 Likes

How are people even biddin on this

1 Like

Owning a mid 6 figure card but not knowing how to take a picture with the right orientation :+1:

1 Like

Some smart dude said something about these ungraded illustrators ”if its ungraded its fake, its that simple”

LQQK RARE PSAl0?

1 Like

There was a distribution of 39 right and only 20 have been graded, not everyone is smart nowadays with the knowledge of grading and what-not. It would be funny if this was legit and caught people off-guard though.
It definitely looks a lot more orange than the real gold background & yellow pikachu, the holo pattern looks different as well, from the high res scans it looks like the legit one is cosmo holo than what is displayed in that ebay auction which displays diamond holo patterns.

Dude, this is fake 900% just look at the card

2 Likes

Well, of course but saying it looks fake and not giving details as to Why it is fake should be very important to backup what one is saying. It is no different from a poketuber telling you what you should buy and blindly believing it. The reason people are bidding is because perhaps they had just watched logan paul and searched the card up on ebay and it thinking they’ll be rich.
I’m not trying to be rude, i’m just saying there’s plenty of dumb people out there more than you can imagine.

Well, nearly half the bids are one guy: y****1 (279) and another with only 1 feedback. At quick glance they’re all relatively low-experience eBayers, so it check out.

Agreed. I prefer when people provide their reasons - it helps newer members who may read this; it is good practice to stay sharp.

1. What I see immediately is the holo pattern is weird.
  2. The pictures are sideways - with THIS card, they clearly know what they have, but don’t want to show it as best as possible? :roll_eyes: :triangular_flag_on_post:
  3. Dynamic range of the colors is too high.
  4. In the diagonal image, you can clearly see that the text is printed at a lower resolution than is normal. - Appears the whole card was printed by the same process (probably an inkjet printer)
  5. The Illus. text appears too light, as if the printer didn’t have a high enough resolution to print it clearly (maybe just because the image quality sucks.
  6. Oh! And of course, single digits feedback? :triangular_flag_on_post: Even low digits feedback :unamused:

PS. I had to get a old back card, but the corners cuts and placement on this one are REALLY good. But looking at mine, there seems to be a little too much spacing top AND bottom. One or the other, sure, not both. Font might be a little blurry too…

4 Likes

More important question is why would this seller bother selling this cheap fake? Did he expect it to sell for under the price of ebay authenticity guarantee? Otherwise, what’s the point??

5 Likes

6 Likes

The fact Ebay gave it Authentication really bothers me.

4 Likes

That label isn’t guaranteeing the card’s authenticity. That label is indicating that the item is covered by eBay’s authenticity guarantee – meaning it will be inspected by authenticators before being sent to the buyer. They’re not guaranteeing it will pass that inspection; just that it’s subject to it.

9 Likes

Nice that it has the metazoo holo

2 Likes

I wonder what will happen there? I mean, I hope to God they dont cert this thing, but It is an interesting case… I don’t want to “watch” it to add to the algorithm or anything, but I wonder if ebay will pull it before it goes through the auth process… Or if it’ll just kick back and ebay will try to get the money back… hmm