RARE?! PONYTA 1ST EDITION BASE SET ENGLISH UNLIMITED HELP

I have a 1st edition stamped ponyta from base set. English but it looks like an unlimited card. I have not seen anything that shows these exist for any base set card. Does anyone have any information? !

Pictures would help us make an accurate assessment as to what you have.

Where the heck is the attachment button ?!

link

Probably fake. Some people have tried to apply fake 1st edition stamps to Shadowless or Unlimited cards to make them seem like 1ED cards. Don’t know why this would be done with a lowly Ponyta though. I don’t see how it could be real as there’s an entire print run (shadowless) in between Base 1ED and Base Unlimited.

yep its a fake, and not just the stamp, the whole card

3 Likes

Looking at the card’s background made me think it was fake, then I looked up the real thing and came to the horrifying realization that the background was actually that bad. xD

But yeah, it’s fake.

1 Like

As far as fakes go it’s of better ‘quality’ than most fakes.

1 Like

I’d be curious to feel it and also to see the back. That’s where most fakes fall short.

Interesting find

The back has the TM trademark… the stamp wasn’t cleaned around and won’t rub off… compared it to my 1st edition base set cards still looks same. Feels like any other card… I don’t know what to think

What stands out to me is the he text at the bottom (the line where is says Illus. Ken Sugimori etc).
This shouldn’t be so close to the yellow border.

Additionally, I don’t know if its the photo but the “40 HP” doesn’t look right, its almost merging with the background.
Either the text colour should be darker or the background should be lighter.

1 Like

the cards not right, the colours off, very fuzzy look to it, the copyright text at the bottom is too close to the yellow border, oh and its got a 1st edition stamp on an unlimited card… sorry but its fake

Okay I guess it is… I just thought it was neat to find it fooled me but that is a good point with the bottom text being so close to the bottom practically on it! Thanks everyone! I will destroy it so it will not get passed around !

What about the offset in the energy symbols?

1 Like

Yeah the yellow is off at the front. And the back is obviously those flimsy counterfeit blues where it’s printed to dark.