Quick I need advice before I buy this

I’m ready to spend way too much money on a pokemon card fellas you know how that goes…its a base set charizard 1st ed and everything looks legit but its raw and I’m paranoid about all the counterfeits out there

His stats are fair 96% with 80 something sales… and the card looks legit but is there anything else I can do or ask him to show in pictures that would help prove the legitimacy :thinking:

You have buyer protection don’t you?

Can I trust that? Ive never went through that process before

96% isn’t that good especially for 80 sales. That means there should be about 3 negs on this guy. I wouldn’t touch any of this sellers items unless it was truely a good deal.

5 Likes

Thats the second issue… Its a really good deal and they accepted my first offer 3k under asking

Everything looks good though but I’m just not certain

Post some pictures of the copy, that is the best indicator

2 Likes

If you use a couple layers of protection you’ll be OK. I pay eBay through PayPal with my credit card so there are at least three options for resolution with a questionable purchase.

1 Like

ibb.co/gjMK9Y2
ibb.co/m66MnNM
ibb.co/vc7Vfq1
ibb.co/8bMKyVm

Yeah funnily enough I just got a refund on a charizard that had a bunch of hidden flaws. Oh and that stamp looks kinda off

3 Likes

Looks very authentic to me

1 Like

If I were you, I’d be patient and not buy a raw copy from a non-trusted seller

Why rush?

I would reach out to Rusty @tcagaming to see if he has a low grade he would let go of. Might cost a premium, but I would prefer to buy a graded card

What’s your plans for the card? Would you get it graded or do you want a copy to sit in a binder?

Does this seller have graded cards for sale? If so, the charizard should be graded if it’s legit. Or maybe he’s an older owner who doesn’t grade and wants the profit. But I wouldn’t rush

1 Like

Edge freaks me out it looks like u can see layers Idk man

I just want to own one ill grade it and hang it up at the house for the years to comd… its for my collection and display bit would only bring me satisfaction if I was certain on its authenticity

Good advice I might chill right now on it I havent decided quite yet

Maybe it’s legit maybe it’s not but ask yourself why someone would take $3000 under ask and why they wouldn’t send a card like this to get graded and make even more money.

1 Like

Thats another red flag ofcourse he said he pulled it 20 years ago… its the only pokemon card in his shop

Definitely authentic. If you’re buying on eBay you have nothing to worry about, worst case scenario you’re covered by Buyer Protection.

For $300 super express PSA + shipping he could probably make $1000 more on the sale or even more in a few weeks. Again, others are saying it’s authentic but I’m always curious why people leave so much money on the table lol

Worst case scenario is that I dispute the authenticity and eBay will take my side and I send back and guaranteed refund?

is that right

on the photos you send there are 2 different back grounds which is quite a red flag if you ask me, along with the only pokemon card on his shop and 3 negatives. Best case scenario you have got yourself a 1st ed base charizard, worst case you will get your money back if it is a scam assuming you bought on ebay and/or paid with paypal.

2 Likes

Right. You shouldn’t have any issues getting a refund if it’s a scam/fake. eBay buyer protection is good.

1 Like