Question about buying cards from members

So I’ve looked around and I can’t seem to find anything regarding payments here. Sorry if I’ve missed a very out in the open post in advance!
I’m a new member to the forum, long time collector of all things collectible and a long time Poke master :wink:
My question is regarding preforming safe transactions on this forum, just wondering how to go about buying off members. Is there an escrow type of system or do I just send a member the money and hope he’s not going to send me a box of sand? From reading this forum everyone seems to be die hard fans and very trustworthy but bad people always find a way in, I just want to protect myself before making a relatively large investment as I have been terribly burned on Ebay in the past. Any advice is appreciated!

Sending money over PayPal Goods and Services offers you protection but applies additional fees and also opens the potential of you scamming the seller (claiming you received a bag of sand from the seller despite actually receiving the item you purchase). The seller is obligated by PayPal to complete their part of the transaction.

Sending money over PayPal Friends and Family doesn’t charge the extra selling fees but you’re 100% trusting the seller. They can choose to just not send anything and there is no recourse for you through PayPal if they choose to rip you off.

Use your best judgment. There’s no requirement to join the forum. Generally the longer a user has been here and the more active they are, the more they have to lose in terms of reputation. My general advice is to only do F&F transactions if an individual has more to lose in compromising their reputation than what they have to gain by scamming you.

5 Likes

You can use PayPal once you have arranged a purchase with a fellow efour member. Through PayPal goods and services you are protected.

You are safe here on efour though. Anyone who is caught scamming, or doing fraudulent activities, is immediately banned from our forum.

PMFM beat me to it!

I’ve F&F’d from 5 diff E4 members. No issues.

3 Likes

Paypal Goods and Services is the standard.

In general E4 is one of the only sites that has standards. We have Rules that are actually enforced, contrary to any social media outlet. Basically there is no safer place in the hobby.

2 Likes

My first purchase was fnf to Gary and that was fine, I knew he was well trusted :blush: only paid g&s for like $1 so he could get my address or print the label out or something but yeh fnf if you know the guy or there reputable

1 Like

I’ve place about 10k in the hobby so far and 90 percent of those purchases were from someone who is on here. Some purchases were off Instagram but even so those people I ended up finding out are on here as well. PayPal goods and services is your pal. If you still feel unsure just check that the description of what they are sending you is exactly what you are trying to attain. PayPal has good customer service.

:cry:

4 Likes