PSA vs. BECKETT

Step one. Take said crooked BGS slab and give it one small tap on a soft but stable surface (Carpet, table with a cloth on top, edge of couch) in the direction that you want the card to move.

Step two. Have a perfectly level and straight card in your BGS case.

Step three. Be happy

2 Likes

I personally collect PSA 9s and 10s. Then for BGS I only buy pristine 10s. (Been eyeing your Bulbasaur for a while
 @garyis2000 ) if it’s not pristine I personally wouldn’t send it in to BGS or bother buying them. However that being said “buy the card, not the grade OR the grading company” I have friends who buy solely on the look of a card and don’t care about consistency of one particular grading company. Buy what you think will make you happier in the long run.

Mjisaacs

1 Like

That centering sub which kept it away from getting a BLACK LABEL was an absolute joke. If I was a cracker or habitual reviewer, that card would be first to go.

www.ebay.com/itm/PRISTINE-BGS-10-SHADOWLESS-BULBASAUR-Base-44-102-Pokemon-ONLY-ONE-IN-THE-WORLD/123088940093?hash=item1ca8ac2c3d:g:~CUAAOSwKhta2YkJ

[

You are a “cracker” by urban dictionaries definition :speak_no_evil:

Sorry I had too.

(I’m white)

1 Like

Gary where is the black label 1st Charizard? Crack those PSA 10 cases and submit them to BGS!

Something similar is in the works (no cracking though:)

Thank you, I am happy to be a part of the growing community :blush:
The main reasoning behind this loaded question was due to the fact that I have re-birthed the passion of collecting last year and over that time I have been buying up old WOTC 1st edition cards to actually build the sets at the NM grade and higher which I was never adept at doing when I was younger haha
I have been buying some of the tougher ones from previously graded PSA holders and cracked them out to put in my side loading portfolio binder to appreciate them as they are together besides my 1st edition Charizard which is housed in a Beckett 9 holder that is in my opinion, one that NEEDS to be left in the holder and protected. So resale really isn’t in my mind and I am more so just passionate to build up the sets that I grew up with and enjoy them all over again. Now in your opinion, do you feel Beckett 9’s and higher are on par with PSA 9’s and higher?

BGS 9s and 9.5s bring much less than PSA 9s or PSA 10s.

That is true, but how much more do BGS 10s bring over PSA 10s?