PSA NOT Grading the Shadowless "No Damage" Error Ninetales

Hi everyone. So I did it… I made a video highlighting my disapproval of the Shadowless “No Damage” Error Ninetales not being graded by PSA. I thought it time to have a dignified and well thought out fact driven conversation.

I took a look at a bunch of other WOTC era error cards, including the “Stage error” Blastoise and point out just how silly it all is. I even threw in an efour plug and show off how the card is returned by PSA.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

It says an error occurred. Can’t play it

Should be fine. I can play it and put the link in again.

Link works now. Nice vid:)

In the words of the great Ted Nugent: PSA can “suck on my machine gun”. They are so stupid. They won’t grade ghost pikachus anymore either, I was so bummed out when I wasnt able to grade mine. These wotc cards that are authentic and well documented, I don’t believe there is any reason for them to not be graded. The shot callers at PSA need a shake up.

1 Like

I didn’t even realize that was no longer graded! That’s terrible! Did it ever have a label? The ninetales never did, but I thought there was a label for the ghost pika.

Not sure why, but that intro gets me every time!

You know it’s the southern islands binder! Fun fact, I sold that set I’m holding for $90 a day later lol

Sadly, PSA does not grade the Ghost stamp Pikachu anymore and even when they did they only recognized it as a 1st edition Shadowless yellow cheeks so the Pop is insanely high. I sent one in recently for fun and got a misprint error label with the card sent back ungraded. I knew they wouldn’t grade it but I thought I would see if mine would slip through the cracks. I just sent 5 to Beckett so I’ll see how that goes but I was told they would grade them for me. Fingers crossed.

I’m going to be honest here, is patronising PSA really the way to get your desired outcome?

It sounds awfully critical of you because a company doesn’t want to put their seal behind something they don’t understand.

They’re not trying to screw you, they’re trying to not screw themselves.

It also doesn’t help your point when you constantly reference money in the video. Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Nahhhhh it never got it’s own label sadly. It’s just been very recently they quit doing it.

Agreed

The problem is that they have been told and don’t have a logical reasoning for their stance. It sounds like they don’t feel like dealing with it. You have all these strange error cards that get a label, but the most obvious and famous one does not receive one? Really?

It just doesn’t make sense, so no they aren’t trying to screw me, but it seems the only way to get it corrected is to flood them with what should be done, otherwise how will they know to do it? Seems that’s how other errors got a label. From people telling them about it.

Didn’t really think I noted money that often btw. Just threw out recent prices and market values. Don’t you think a more valuable card should receive a little more notice? That’s really the point I’m trying to make, but end of the day I know PSA does not really care, so it’s more a personal observation.

I don’t really have any intention of arguing with you mate.

“They’ve been told”

Are you telling PSA how to operate? Are you telling them what to authenticate? I just can’t help but think your tone is what’s wrong mate. I think we can all get behind wanting PSA to authenticate the card, but it’s how you are saying it. Have a look at how emotional you are getting about it, the shouting on the video is just a little too far imo.

I also don’t think you are going to bully PSA into authenticating these either. “Flooding” them isn’t going to solve the problem, it’s just going to make us appear as a bunch of whingers, especially for a card that is so niche.

Again, not trying to argue, just trying to point out what I’m seeing.

No I see your point. You gotta keep in mind the video was mostly made for fun too. I didn’t have to yell, but it seemed more fun. Take it with a grain of salt.

1 Like

@joer , this is a hilarious funny vid, I actually love this error card as it is my first holo card that I got in a brushfire deck for my birthday. I did get mine graded eventually… and I’ll tell you I gave them a special instruction when I sent it in… something to the effect of, “can you please grade this as an error as it is missing the 80 damage, this is a well known error that can be looked up with online searches very easily”. Something to that effect anyway… well they returned it with a PSA grade, but without being recognized as an error. And even back then they recognized many other pokemon cards as errors, and I wondered why. Especially the no stage blastoise, as it is a similar type of error, with no print. So now that they don’t even want to grade it at all is even more baffling. Possible someone there is trolling the pokemon collecting community for some reason?

I wonder how the whole increasing the cost of submission for the graded value of a card at PSA would work for the No Damage Ninetales. Would they value a PSA 9 No Damage Ninetales as simply the value of a PSA 9 Shadowless Ninetales since they don’t recognize it as a label-worthy error? I think that’d be an interesting case that I’m sure could be applied to other “mislabeled” cards (either by mistake or by their discretion) that would cause them to flag something at either a higher or lower value than actuality.

Looks like one has appeared on eBay that just recently slipped through, definitely has a recent cert number. www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-1st-Edition-Base-Shadowless-Ninetales-PSA-9-No-Damage-Error/163643846815?hash=item2619eef09f:g:mr0AAOSwd89crmBX

Probably the one from the $500 opened brushfire deck :rofl: