PSA distinguished versions regarding POP & searching

Two small questions:

1. How to check if a card is currently POP-0? Or perhaps more generalized: Is it possible to search for the POP of a card based on name/any other info other than certificate number of an already graded copy?
  2. Will they distinguish Event Organizer stamped cards in a different POP-report than the ones without Event Organizer stamp? Or perhaps more generalized: How does PSA distinguish unique cards? For example, would they distinguish the XY Evolutions Mewtwo, XY Evolutions promo Mewtwo and STAFF XY Evolutions promo Mewtwo as three different versions in their POP-reports / labels?

Greetz,
Quuador

Check it out. Should answer all your questions.

www.psacard.com/pop/non-sport-cards/2016/pokemon-xy-evolutions/139659

This is the specific pop report for XY evolutions. If you scroll to #11 Charizard for instance, you can see 4 variations. The holo from packs, reverse holo from the packs, the prerelease and the staff prerelease. Do note that variations sometimes all collapse into a single designation for various reasons from time to time such as the “no damage” ninetales. PSA is inconsistent (name the people who submit them are inconsistent) at always using the same form when typing things out and designating all variations. Mewtwo which was your example it seems nobody graded the regular holo, but two of the cracked ice theme deck exclusive holos were graded as well as 5 reverse holos were graded.

To find any specific card start here. The general pop report for non sports cards. Go to the year and the set to find if a card is pop 0. If it is obscure enough, the set may not even be in the system at all.

1 Like

Thanks, this indeed answers both questions. :blush: One more question: does it help to include a note or something, so they know it’s a different version. Because the card I have is the 175/XY-P Pikachu Festa 2015 with Event Organizer stamp.

Greetz,
Quuador

Hey Quuardor,
would you mind posting a pic of the Event Organizer Pikachu Festa? I didn’t know these existed.

I have never submitted any stamp exclusive version, so I am not entirely sure. Perhaps someone else can speak to that. There is a note section at submission, but it seems like they just go off of what you type in the box. I have been the first to submit a few different cards, but normally of a similar set so I just change the # and name and that is that. Never had the stamp variation or anything of the sort though. Best I can think of is the toysrus pikachu from generations. #26 Take a peak at that one and you can see that not everyone was consistent as I am sure the 20th and toysrus ones are likely the same?

www.psacard.com/pop/non-sport-cards/2016/pokemon-generations/134410

1 Like

@pieterpie I’ve posted pictures in my collection thread here.

@gottaketchumall Thanks for the answers. I’ll send it off to PSA either way, I just hope they’ll grade it as POP-1 instead of POP-100+ as a regular 175/XY-P.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Go to www.psacard.com/pop Then click on Item Search (highlighted blue) Then you can search for whatever you want without having to search through different years. Like pokemon legendary collection, a lot of results will show up then you can just click on view set on 1 card to see the whole legendary collection population report.

2 Likes

There’s no real way to distinguish if a card is Pop 0, primarily because any person is able to choose what goes on the label essentially.

If you can’t find it in the pop report and you’ve tried a whole bunch of different search terms, chances are it hasn’t been graded yet. A few things like year, card name, card number and set/promo type should give you a reasonable chance at finding it.

I can’t see any of the 175/XY-P with the Event Organiser Stamp in the Pop Report.

1 Like