PSA Damaged My Card!

It can’t possibly be terrible print quality or suspect packaging of promos. My pre grading is 100% every time. This card was PACK FRESH! This was an easy 10 it appears, typical minor flaw. So it must have been PSA. Please do something smpratte and rattle.

21 Likes

This is why I ONLY use EMA as I can trust them not to damage any cards I send in. I see too many PSA damaged cards or cards with the worst grades imaginable. A dented 10? Eat my ass PSA.

5 Likes

psa = please submit again

really makes you think…

10 Likes

Love it!!! When I first read that thread a week or 2 ago I thought great another Buffet or 1steditionsniper out there to ruin the fourum

1 Like

Examples like this are the reason why we all need to switch to tag grading!!! Surely AI will always be better than these blind humans…

6 Likes

Looks like you didn’t use Kurt’s card cream with an extra soak.

7 Likes

For those who didn’t see the joke of a thread a week ago. Someone created an e4 account just to post this and immediately tag Scott and Rattle

4 Likes

:catthink:

11 Likes

You should change your avatar to a Mew just to put the cherry on top. Chuckled a good bit for this one

1 Like

:catthink:

6 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve been grading longer than most have been collecting (I started grading in 2011). In that time, I’ve had a few questionable submissions and mis-grades from PSA . . . in one case I received eight PSA 7.5’s in the same submission! However, PSA has remained overwhelmingly consistent and predictable over my 13 years and thousands of cards submitted. There’s always some room for subjectivity/error, but more often than not, cards grade as expected. Here are some simple truths about grading.

Occasional Mistakes Will Happen (Human Error)
PSA grades millions of cards. It’s inevitable that some mistakes and inconsistencies will occur. This includes loss or damage to items. Carefully, inspect your cards and make sure declared values as accurate.

Pop Control is a Myth (PSA Doesn’t Care)
PSA handles six and seven figure cards every day. They aren’t actively monitoring bulk orders and suppressing set cards, especially cards below four figures and below. This just doesn’t make sense and seems to stem from ignorance/inexperience.

Vintage Cards and Modern Cards Are Different
Most inexperienced collectors/resellers don’t realize that vintage and modern cards suffer from different flaws and print defects. As a result, there are often discrepancies with how different eras of cards are graded. Similarly, different companies assess flaws differently, with respect to their scales. I suspect people’s frustration is motivated (in part) by their misattribution of grading standards.

5 Likes

cgc would never

7 Likes

Crack it and get that Black Label :fire: :facepunch: :moneybag:

1 Like

They damaged your card because it was not a Typhlosion. It’s a sign to never deviate from your namesake.

You should be thanking PSA for this wake-up call.

8 Likes

Send it through again brother something wrong has happened here…

1 Like

I haven’t seen the real Question:

IS it damaged?

If so, then that’s proof cuz WHY on God’s green lawn would you submit a damaged card? I do know damage happens in their hands, sometimes… BUT as pokemon classics suggests, at smaller volumes a single error on their part seems much bigger, while on the whole, it’s not a significant problem. This would be only the 2nd confirmed damage they’ve caused, that I personally know of. Sorry to hear this happened, Typhlosion…
…or wait… is this a meme post? :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :rofl:

Yes I do collect and grade more than Typhlosions :sweat_smile:It’s a bit of a meme post spoofing the damaged Charizard post. I looked it over once it came back before I sold it, still can’t find something wrong with it. But oh well. Someone got a nice binder copy for $8.