PSA - Crimping your style - Shadowless Venusaur Gem Damaged

After alerting the seller about the crimped Hitmonchan he went through some of his other cards. I will let the photos say the rest. Unforgivable.

2 Likes

Jesus

Poor lil feller…

That’s $1000 per dent right there :flushed:

GOD DAMN IT, BILLY! AGAIN?!!

3 Likes

That was clearly Bob, he obviously placed his glasses on it. Smh…

1 Like

7 to a 6 no big deal.

1 Like

Horrifying.

I’d rather save money to let BGS grade my cards with no deadlines than deal with this bs!

inspirational

16 Likes

Do you disagree though? I have never subbed bulk to BGS but I am pretty sure that’s what I am leaning towards for my next submission. Not saying I will always use Beckett from now on but I am not paying PSA thousands of dollars to damage my cards. I have too much time and money invested. This is unacceptable. Just the fact that 10s with damage like this are floating around is upsetting.

1 Like

This shit would make me sick to my stomach. Hell, it made me sick to my stomach when it happend to my PSA 8 shadowless charizard - I can’t even imagine how much worse that feeling would be on a GEM MT shadowless venusaur.

It’s an unfortunate reality that the cost of fixing this problem (e.g., hiring an engineering firm to rig sensors that prevent the encapsulation machine from making the press if the card is protruding from the sides) probably exceeds the costs of paying out damages when cards actually do get crimped. I wonder if they’re even aware of the issue internally and whether they have any plans whatsoever to try and fix it. Maybe @smpratte can hit up his contacts and see what they know.

7 Likes

What I always wonder when I see those dents is, did an employee know it happened and put it in the 10 case anyway so they would not be reprimanded?

I don’t understand how the dent could happen and still be in the case, without someone knowing before it was sent off. If someone really didn’t know, wouldn’t part of the card be sticking out of the slab?

1 Like

oh no :sob: There has been so many of this issue recently :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

This never happened until these new ‘fit’ cases came out. These cases just require more time and carefulness to encase properly which are adding to the delays. That department hasn’t handled the transition very well.

I still prefer the new cases but before they started adding the security foil stickers.

1 Like

F

6 Likes

Damn, I was planning on sending off a few higher-end cards this month and although I never had any issue in the past, this trend does have me admittedly nervous.

2 Likes

Perhaps the most concerning question is that of how many cards is this actually happening to?

Generally if someone receives a PSA 10 card back in a PSA return, they won’t look over it again in detail (condition wise) inside the case.

2 Likes

@op, I hope that the seller is actually going to contact PSA for a rebate on the damaged cards. It can’t be allowed to slide, otherwise there is no financial reason for PSA to take their services to task and improve upon them.

Imagine sending in some obscurely rare or valuable card for grading and this happening. it would be a nightmare negotiating with PSA on the refund entitlement, especially with it being so hard to provide a valuation with little to no public sales history.

2 Likes

Same predicament here. Was planning on sending some cards as well but I just might just send some non-holos.
I actually received my order last weekend but I just might have to look at all of them to see if any are damaged.

1 Like