PSA cert. number not found online? Fake slab or "not uploaded yet"?

Hi! I hope this has not been asked before, i haven’t seen this question yet. If so; I am sorry, and delete if needed.
So, a friend of mine texted me saying that he saw a card for sale, a psa graded slab to be precise. He googled the cert.number, no results. He typed it in into the PSA site, nada nothing nope. The card itself also has pop 0 (?). Could it be that the seller just recently graded the cards and PSA needs to update the database, or is it a fake slab/cert number? (i am sorry if this is a dumb question, kinda a slab noob :") ) And no, i do not know which card he is talking about yet, if he shares it with me imma update this, if needed! TIA!

Does he have a picture of the slab?

If its cert 7 or 8 it could potentially be freshly graded and will be updated in a few days, other than that could be fake ?

1 Like

Nope, he didnt tell me which card it is yet!

Its a 9! What does the grade have to do with it? Interesting!!!

This post without a cert number and maybe a photo of the card is probably going nowhere.

3 Likes

He’s talking about the start of the cert number, not the grade. Cert numbers are sequential so a 8XXX card is newer than a 7XXX card.

1 Like

I mean the cert # not the grade

If you share a photo of the card we can help.

5 Likes

my dear people, i understand that we need the photo/the card’s name but i dont have it yet, as stated! :slight_smile: maybe i should have waited some more lol , I was just wondering in general if said scenario happened to someone else here.
But yeah me myself also wants to know which card it is, thanks for the replies, imma post a update if there is one :wink:

1 Like

There is a period of time after receiving the cert where the card is not in the database. But it should be in the db by the time you receive the card back

3 Likes

Yea as pfm said, ive tried to look up certs for my cards before receiving them back from PSA and they werent in the system yet but it should be there if they have the card back

If its freshly graded that could be why

2 Likes

You are the admin we can ask to close threads no? :slight_smile: If so; mistery is solved; can i ask to delete the thread? TIA !

Don’t leave us hanging, what was the answer?

2 Likes

3rd print fossil submissions have been put on the pop report together even though graded weeks apart . Something Ive noticed.

1 Like