psa 8.5s

Just wondering what people’s opinions are of psa 8.5s. Do people value them correctly or are they just treated as “nice” psa 8s in terms of price. I see a card I want and it is priced close to that of a psa 9, but I just feel like that is wishful thinking that someone will look at that psa 8.5 label and be satisfied

www.elitefourum.com/t/psa-8-5-grading-anomaly-december-2016-january-2017/18738/1

PSA 8.5’s are a joke of a grade. I’d rather an 8 because I know it to be a more valid, reproducible grade, not just the victim of PSA’s stupidity. Honestly all half grades at PSA are a joke.

I’m sure on more liquid highly traded cards they’d garner a premium over PSA 8’s but for most they just are not going to be come across in searches naturally. Most collectors go for 8, 9, or 10.

4 Likes

Ditto. At best they’re a novelty or for very niche collectors.

meh i’d rather have an 8.5 than 8. I did submit a few years ago during that 3-month 8.5 phase and it was such a kick in balls getting a few errors back as 8.5. any other time they probably would have received the 9.

1 Like

I have a 1st Edition Base Charizard 8.5. I agree it’s extremely niche but I see it establishing itself as a perfect halfway point between an 8 and 9 monetarily. I think this only applies to “higher end” cards.

3 Likes