PSA 30XXXXXX (30mil) cert cards

I just acquired this card from a trade online, didn’t really think too much about it as the cert checked out on PSA and the person had good history. Received the card and notice it had an inner sleeve, which I didn’t know PSA did, thought it was a slab sleeve.

Upon looking into it more, it seems to be a gen 6 type of slab, but those were in the 01XXXXXX range and I saw the the 30th million cert, signed Brandy rookie card, 30000000 is with the new lighthouse PSA logos. So a bit confused. And the case itself looks a bit different from the new gen 10 (3rd picture). Any insight into this would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: More curious of the cert numbering and if PSA changed their casing too. Only heard about the label change.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they included the newly designed slab/label of the time for the clearly planned special 30 mill card before it being implemented for the rest of the cards. The psa website shows that cert is a psa 9 hitmonchan and the hitmonchan seems to be in psa 9 quality so it seems fine to me.

There have been many cases/designs made over the years. Here’s a good article about it.

Regarding the inner sleeve, this only happens when the card does not fit within the designed case. It looks like they must have accidentally used a case that was too large for the card.

Flips, that’s the word I was looking for and read from this article. Thank you.

So there’s really no reasoning to the inner sleeve/weird cert number being in the 30 mil?

30 million certs are quite rare. They switched from 20 million to 40 million quickly. Not sure why that was.

I do think the inner sleeve is because the case is too large. They must have used a tall-boy case or something similar. Is it larger than your typical PSA case in your collection? It sure looks like it.

It’s flip type #6 on this list. Looks like @Dyl beat me to it.

It’s really old. The certs were not necessarily issued in order.

This is one of my older slabs. You can see the grade is on one line so the Hitmonchan is older.

I also have this Ninetales that probably predates the Hitmonchan based on the back design.

Funny enough I also have this Nodoking that looks to be from the same ancient submission your Hitmonchan is from!! 360 vs 367!

11 Likes

That’s awesome your Nidoking is just 7 away. I checked a few after 360 too and were all base Holos. Now we are like long lost brothers!

So fun getting a new card and it leads to so much more knowledge about the hobby.

1 Like

The section where the card goes is bigger, is that what the tall-boy cases? Heard the term but never really seen one. The whole case is the same size, but a bit thinner.

Adding also my Raichu. No idea why this has got a 3xx cert.

3 Likes

That’s neat, thanks for sharing! All 3 of the 3xx certs here have the inner sleeve as well,

And so far all are Base Unlimited.

1 Like

Just linking this here for reference.

I tried searching for this topic, but maybe I didn’t scroll down enough to see this post.

Seems they never really figured out the mystery and adds to the myth of the 3xxx certs! Why is it so weird!

3 Likes