“Proxy” 1st edition Charizard

A fake (proxy) first edition Charizard just sold on eBay auction for £581.00. I find it absolutely amazing that people are willing to spend that amount of money on a fake card. Alas Charizards popularity.

I can see this one has a slight glittery appearance. Has anybody had one of these in their hands? How do they feel in contrast to OG card stock?

Hope everyone is well!

You could commission an amazing piece of artwork from a local artist for that much…people are crazy.

1 Like

People are not crazy, just dumb af

10 Likes

How many returned item cases before eBay starts to crack down on these?

2 Likes

I am going to assume people aren’t aware of what a proxy is or are just not reading. It’s unfortunate but I see proxy Illustrators sell for $500+ often.

1 Like

Do you think some of these people are oblivious ? I assumed that 99% of these bidders knew what they were buying!

1 Like

I honestly do not know. Lol. Maybe people are willing to shell out that money for something that is a replica but that seems ridiculous to me. Hopefully anyone that buys one and figures out it’s fake can refund with no issues, but a lot of these sellers are no-feedback accounts.

I think some just don’t pay attention to detail and think they are getting the steal of a lifetime lol

Don’t underestimate humanity

1 Like

Correct answer.

1 Like

I love once each month it seems one of these threads pop up. We all say how dumb people are, the thread dies and then rinse and repeat a month later lol

Here is to the next one (raises glass)!

2 Likes

I think it is people with burner ebay accounts that get mad at people for selling “proxy” cards so they bid 10,000$ to make sure that they win it and then they just dont pay for it and make the seller wait the 4?5? days to open unpaid item case.

People were doing this to people selling RTX 3080s because of ‘scalping’

Cheers!

3 Likes