Post your worst "pack fresh" cards

As the title says, post up some of the worst looking pack fresh cards that you have pulled.

This might be some of the worst edge wear I have seen on a freshly pulled modern card. Pictures don’t really capture it well, but there is fairly significant curling on the edges as well.

Front isn’t bad

Back is another story

3 Likes

Grease covered Klink. Kinda fitting!

14 Likes

Pretty recently I pulled a Latios ex with a pretty significant bend in the bottom right corner. It’s more noticeable in person. Given that it was a 17 year old pack, my assumption was that it wasn’t a factory error and more likely was from the pack having not been stored well. So it might not be exactly what your post is looking for, but I think it kind of fits. Definitely a cautionary tale for those opening older packs.

Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

2 Likes

Holy cow, that Klink might take the cake!

Pulled this earlier this year :slightly_frowning_face: came out of the pack looking like the edges were cut with a rusty knife!

7 Likes

Same issue from the same set, swolepoke. Curious…

Burning shadows had evolutions level print quality

This wasn’t from a booster pack, but it’s a promo from a three pack blister pack. I know the QC on most promos is terrible due to the packaging, but I have no idea what would have caused it to be this bad.

3 Likes

Edit: ultra rare

Vivid Voltage Secret Rare - Beauty

3 Likes

Has anyone pulled cards like this out of booster boxes? It seems most of the ones I pull are from other kits. The one I posted, for example, was from a pack inside one of the pokeball tins.

Yeah mine was a booster box

That is rough. Anyone ever tried filing a complaint with TPCI for damaged cards from packs? Especially with something major like the klink with the grease all over it, I would think as big as they are they would back their product in some fashion.

I’m going to when I have time. I have heard they are good about it

It’s pack fresh, but seems like something slashed it before packaging. I’ve seen others like this from Jungle/Fossil but they’re generally not at an angle like this.

2 Likes

This thread only brings pain. :sob:

The Vivid Voltage that was distributed out in my local area has Burning Shadows print quality. :dizzy_face:

Did you pull this recently?

1 Like

I’ve seen this in full art textured cards but not that bad usually

oh I have a pretty good one I pulled this weekend where they actually crimped the card lmao, only the rare. I had never seen it before, will post later

I ordered a couple Vivid Voltage ETBs from Pokemoncenter.com on release day, one to open and one to keep sealed. Inside the one I opened I pulled this Leon FA. The front looks perfect but all the edges on the back were pretty terrible. I had never pulled anything like this before and I was pretty miffed considering the only damaged card I had received was the only good card I got.

Then on Christmas Day I opened a Sylveon Tin where the promo card looks like a Terra chip. I’m really glad that moving forward, TPCI is getting rid of those ridiculous plastic trays that pinch the promo to hold it in place and replacing them with the flat cardboard holders. The picture here doesn’t make it look as bad as it is. It’s one of the rare times where I considered just throwing the card away, but I think I’ll use it as a bookmark instead.