Pokémon tech raid battle jumbo cards

Does anyone have an idea the value of the super jumbo cards from the tcg raid battle box? I’ve never found anyone selling them and I want to know how much I can expect to shell out for these cards.

2 Likes

I will just tag @quuador here since I know he has them in his wtb thread.

Thanks for the tag, but I had already PM’ed poprock1001 since I thought he owned them and was looking to sell them. But he’s also in the market for them, just like me. Unfortunately, although I’ve seen some pictures of them here and there, I don’t know anyone who owns them. Since I’ve seen none for sale thus far, they could be worth anywhere between 50 and 500 USD. :person_shrugging:

As for some background for anyone else reading this, to quote myself from a few years back:

I’ve seen the ‘Game Raid Battle’ cards in the online game before. In August 2020, someone from Serebii received the physical cards shown in the pictures above, with the information:

When Pokemon tournaments return to normal, eligible stores that hold official Pokemon events will receive physical print-outs of the Pokemon TCG Raid Battle cards. And here a picture of the back of these cards.

Both PokéBeach and PokéGuardian featured them, and Serebii themselves features the online ones as well. Here also a virtual picture of all three Pikachu VMAX Raid Battle cards.

But I have yet to see any physical copy of either of the three different Pikachu VMAX Raid Battle Boss Jumbo cards besides the pictures above. And I also haven’t seen that Sword & Shield Pikachu with Pokémon League stamp yet. Maybe they’ll release eventually, but my guess is that they’re similar as the BW77 Pikachu and BW78 Raichu: featured online, but not released as physical cards.

Well, obviously the regular sized TCG cards have released by now. They were given to some players of the Raid Battles at Worlds 2022 in London, if you managed to win against the judges. This is also where I’ve seen the VMAX Raid Battle cards after I made the quoted post above.

But although the regular sized TCG cards in the picture above have been given at some other tournaments earlier this year and are now pretty easy to find, the same can’t be said about the Raid Battle Jumbo VMAX cards (yet??).

I hope they’ll still eventually release, but I kinda doubt it. I also haven’t heard anything new about Pokémon Raid Battles in general, so I have the feeling they won’t release them after all. :frowning:

PS: Should a Pikachu VMAX pop up for sale somewhere, we’ll have to bid against each other (and probably a lot of other collectors). The other two you can have. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes