Pierce's story and collection - update! (Dec. 2018)

Can anyone explain to me what’s so special about that gold star pikachu and why it is so expensive?

Gold stars were the chase cards for a lot of the EX boxes and they were tough to get (iirc the pull rate was roughly one every two boxes?). There were three gold stars in Holon Phantoms so there would only be a pikachu gold star roughly every 6 boxes. That gold star I’ve got is a PSA 10 as well and there’s only 42 in the registry which is a pretty low number when you consider there’s 110+ 1st edition base charizards at PSA 10.

So yeah it’s expensive because it’s rare, PSA 10, low pop, a pikachu which is a popular pokemon to collect and part of the gold star series which a lot of people like to collect in general.

If I’ve missed anything or I’m wrong people feel free to correct me :grin:

Oh thank you very much for the clarification. Guess I need to hunt this card down then!

Welcome on board!

Another update - thanks to @gottaketchumall for hooking me up with these PSA 10s, they’re awesome mate!

Jungle 1st Edition Holos

Fossil 1st Edition Holos

Team Rocket 1st Edition Holos

Eventually I’ll get nice photos of everything, my dark office and phone camera don’t do any of this stuff justice :slightly_frowning_face:

10 Likes

well done… i love your ‘little’ updates lol :wink:

2 Likes

Very small and casual updates right? xD.

Incredible collection growing Sir.

The collection might be growing faster than your newborn baby :stuck_out_tongue: :blush:

4 Likes

Had some new stuff arrive this week, a few cards from pwcc and another 1st edition box to add to the pile :blush:

Looking forward to this month’s pwcc auctions, heaps of things I’m after :blush:

5 Likes

@pierce Are you going to be opening the gym challenge box or keeping it sealed? Nice purchase!

I’ll be keeping it sealed along with all the others :blush:

Ahhh yes I remember seeing them. I’m guessing the 1st edition base isn’t too far away :wink:

Not at $50k+!! It’s a cool thing to have but I think there’s better places to put that kind of cash :blush:

That I can agree with!

Haven’t done a little update in a while so figured it was about time since I’ve gotten a few interesting things since the last one. A bunch of this stuff was acquired through fellow efour members, so thanks and shoutouts to @gottaketchumall , @1by1collector , @kkthxbai & @renozuken :blush:

Three more sealed 1st Edition Boxes

Eevee’s from @kkthxbai 's Giveaway!

Fossil & Rocket 1st Edition Holos + Topps Blastoise (cause Blastoise is Bestoise)

Jungle & Rocket 1st Edition Holos + 1st Edition Base Devolution Spray

A few Charizards & Lugia

My 1st Edition PSA 10 Rocket Holo Set = Complete!

Crystal Celebi (using the PWCC image for the auction I won)

Lastly for the magic the gathering people, I picked up the highest graded unlimited BGS 9.5 mox ruby in the world :blush:

My current goals are finishing the PSA 10 1st edition jungle and fossil holo sets, getting more 1st edition boxes & finding a BGS 9.5 mox emerald with 9.5 centering subgrade - that would complete my 9.5 unlimited power 9 set for MTG. Hopefully I’ll be able to do all that next year sometime, provided the cards all come up for sale!

23 Likes

Looks amazing @pierce some Dam beast items you have.

Glad I can help with some of them :blush:

1 Like

That team rocket group photo is great! Nice work

1 Like

Glad i could help :blush:

1 Like

What an amazing update! Congrats buddy and keep up the good work!

1 Like

Soooooo how many of the boxes are you opening!?

Amazing collection!

I’m loving the “little” updates.

1 Like

Thanks mate! As for the boxes they’re all staying sealed :wink: