Peacock's Collection

Hello all!

001-003/PCG-P starters.

15 Likes

$200 sounds like a fair price for all 3.

Not the first or last time I’m saying this but Venusaur/Blastoise have outstanding artwork. :blush:

2 Likes

Depends… what do the backs look like?

I’m also a huge fan of the old school ex’s, and just completed a set of them recently! :blush:

Really looking forward to seeing more of your progress, good luck!

Flawless as far as I can discern, wouldn’t have made the purchase otherwise. I doubt anything could be picked out about them through photo as I’m having a hard time seeing anything that even resembles edgewear in person. Crisp corners. I’d say they have been top loaded since they day they were received.

Honestly, I think only the harshest grader would give it a 9, but for what reason I couldn’t tell you. Even if one did pull a 9 i think it would be more than re-submission worthy.

I also find it interesting that the Blastoise has a noticeably thicker border on the back.

btw my top loaders are all scratched and dusty.

That’s awesome. I’m trying to go set by set chronologically but pick up some from other sets by random if I see a good deal. Pretty manageable so far through magma vs aqua but I have a feeling my wallet’s gonna be crying once I get to Fire Red + Leaf Green :sob:

Thanks!

1997 JR Stamp Rally non-glossy “Lily-Pad” Mew

Please pay no mind to the dusty top loader.

4 Likes

Good Morning!

Natta Wake Pika!

This guy is perfect other than that pesky centering again.

Couple more old schools. I’m really starting to drift away from my plan of collecting them chronologically by set, but i keep finding deals on already graded cards that I don’t want to pass up. I think I’m going to put a damper on it after these two just to get affairs in order. Plus I want to start aiming for gem 10’s instead of settling for good deals on 9’s.

I have buttload of raw ex cards to grade and probably won’t make many posts of that collection to this thread until I get them submitted. Have a nice Thursday! :grin:

7 Likes

Sweet goal of collecting all psa ex cards, I did consider at one point to go for the psa 10 set but realised it was too far of an arduous task. So I ended up just deciding to get them in raw ungraded form, currently got them in toploaders and am most likely going to place them in a binder, probably organised by type.

Goodluck on your goal and will love seeing the progress!

I need these in my life.

Yeh, awesome artwork!! I really am not a massive fan of the charizard artwork though. Pretty poor compared to the other two!

Thats one sick mew. And the starters are really nice, wouldnt mind a set for myself.

YO

Here’s an update on the ex collection. I’ve decided that I’m probably not going to grade everything for the time being, only cards that look to have Gem potential, have a significant increase in value at a 9, or just favorites of mine. I decided this after receiving 3 Hitmonchans that came in worse condition than I expected lol. At least they’re really cheap. I found all of these for about 5 bucks on average and they’re all near mint territory.

Here’s what I plan on grading so far. All look pretty flawless except DAT MEWTWO CENTERING. Regardless I got it for a fair price and would be content with a 9 on it. Props to scratchdesk for that one.

I’ve bought some already graded stuff over the past couple months where I thought I saw a good deal. Really love the Umbreon.

Going to tone down the graded ex-series purchases for a little bit on focus on some other stuff, hunting these has proven to be a bit meticulous. Just shooting for auction listings of PSA 10 cards. Along the way I’m slowly picking up some mint raw singles for cheap as they pop up. Probably have a big PSA submission coming up sooner or later so I’ll share results when that happens. Been stockpiling for a while.

HAVE A GOOD DAY

9 Likes

Here’s the **Ho-oh ex and Lugia ex Play promos.**I could probably just look it up but are there English versions of these cards?

Randomly bought the Ho-oh, couldn’t find the Lugia. I was about to risk buying a raw and submitting it but count on @smpratte to list it the very next day and give me a good deal on it. :grin:

Also picked up these qt’s: Summer 2007 Battle Road Plusle and Minun

I’m in frickin love with the galaxy foil on these versions. I think the English prints are regular rares from Secret Wonders? Anyway, I think they’re kinda unique and are in mint condizioni.

7 Likes

Ho-Oh ex and Lugia ex were newer released with that art in English. And as you mentioned, those Plusle and Minun were indeed regular rares in Secret Wonders. I’ve never seen those Japanese Battle Road Promos before, great additions! :blush:

1 Like

Love your purchases

1 Like

SUH DUDES

8 Likes

I don’t have many Japanese cards, but those are some beautiful cards

A couple of trios that I’m real happy about completing.

OLD EX IS BEST EX

9 Likes

incredible cards. really love the dogs

1 Like