PCA graded cards, yaye or naye?

So i stumpled upon a few PCA-Graded cards, apparently the company is based in France.

Curious if anyone here has had any experience with their grading standards and cases or is this another weak PSA-wannabe?

Adding two pictures of a few goldstars graded by PCA i saw recently.Imgurlink: imgur.com/a/jdT4F5r

Psa > all. Pca seem alright but they will never have a reputation anywhere near psa. Maybe worth buying their cars for crossover or for crack and raw mint retainment

I agree with 1by1collector they will never be as big as PSA If the price is right buy them crack them and send to PSA will be way better for re sale in the future if you ever choose to do so :blush:

1 Like

Don’t know too much about them which means stay away. That being said I haven’t seen anything abhorrent like I have with GMA. However I know they grade foreign cards (French especially) so if you’re looking to grade French cards that’s probably the only way you’re going to get it done.

1 Like

I have a couple, but I havnt sent any in for grading. The cases are fantastic imo, and the grades are fair. They definitely arnt anywhere near psa level, but they are a good option for foreign cards.

Don’t expect any decent resale value though.

Beckett will also grade foreign cards of that’s what you’re after

There is no company I would shy away from completely. I have bought cards to crack from several different companies for crossovers or for binder collections, to sell loose etc.

Just know that none of those other companies are PSA or BGS so the values of PSA X and BGS X do not apply to other companies. “Buy the card, not the grade” has never had greater importance in these scenarios.

1 Like

I totally disregard their grades and cases. Just treat it and bid on it as if it’s ungraded then go from there.

3 Likes

Appreciate all the responses, cheers!