Overview Of All PTCG Illustrator's Work

Hey. Welcome to my First Useful Article. This will remain unfinished for a while i worry, because there are too many artists for me to get in one go. So i will do it one by one. (Nobody steal my idea please.) My Custom Arc is now over. (But have a project that yall wont see for a while around it)

Keiji Kinebuchi

Keiji Kinebuchi’s style in earlier sets is instantly recognizable, being one of the only cards that feature 3D art. Some of the most memorable cards he has created, include Diglett (Base), Haunter (Base), Ditto (Fossil), Pokedoll (Base), and the Base-EX Era Energy Symbols. His style is 3D, and uses very simple shapes, which he spruces up using lighting and texture. The final set his work is in is aquapolis although he is credited up until evolutions, due to reprints of his work still being made to this day.

DiglettBaseSet47

HaunterBaseSet29

Ken Sugimori

The Man. The Myth. The Legend. The man who uses stock art for all of his cards. All of these descriptors are interchangeable really. For 90% of his cards he uses the art he already created, can he not be bothered to put more work into it? I dont know. But asking that will result in the cabal (Not E4. I dont associate with yall) finding you. All of Ken’s art is just the stock art plopped onto a background. and his art style needs no introduction. If you like pokemon, u know his art already. His art is featured in almost every set, which makes me think that they only use his name and art when they cant find a talented artist to pick up the card.

Mitsuhiro Arita

He has very good art, and his style has changed over the entire time he has worked on pokemon. MULTIPLE TIMES. So its really hard to give an exact overview of his style, as there will always be an exception. But most of what i can say about it, is thats its awesome. He is probably most known for clefable and abra from the Original Series, and yk. BASE SET CHARIZARD

Imakuni?

This man has 2 styles, ranging from one thats really cool, and uses darker colors, to one that looks like a 4 year old drew it. Sadly he is more known for the ladder one. and ACTUALLY he is more known for the cards he is ON rather than the ones he drew. He is a legend, and tell me otherwise and ill find you.

Kagemaru Himeno

Kagemaru Himeno makes amazing paintings that most fans of the series can easily recognize. She is known for cards like ____'s Pikachu, fossil aerodactyl, fossil Flareon, and SwSh Eevee V Promo. She is many peoples favorite artists, and i cant blame them, her art is amazing, and is some of the most memorable cards in the sets she works on.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT THAT FAMILIAR WITH NEWER SETS PLEASE DONT GET MAD THAT THE FIRST ARTISTS I OVERVIEWED I ONLY TALKED ABOUT THEIR CLASSIC CARDS.

10 Likes

Thx To inertgeometry for making me think about what card art i DO like, and thx to pfm for responding to me bugging him in his pms

2 Likes

Will @stagecoach be discussed? I personally am a big fan of his art style

Something about it just clicks
:meowth: :peekofchu:

14 Likes

Nah. U can do that. Lemme edit the title rq so it doesnt get confused

2 Likes

Sorry for the wait guys, my keyboard is broken and sometimes the keys dont wanna work. So if you ever see me with z instead of s its because of that. 2wsx are the keys that dont wanna work sometimes. Anyways Updated.

1 Like

Inakumi is out, working on himeno rn, she has some really cool art. Himeno might be a while tho, as im thinking abt getting smth to eat for breakfast

1 Like

sorry for the wait. I have stuff going on and forgot to hit save so i had to redo it, @pfm Himeno is up. Have fun. Its not as good as it could be. But due to himeno taking this long for this bad an overview, ill go make the next like 5 rq.

2 Likes