Opinions on autographs and sketches

Autos are too speculative for me to buy. They are great for sentimental value, but I wouldn’t buy an auto for 1000s of dollars. I actually sold most of my autos to fund other parts of my collection.

You really dont understand until you get your own autographs! I remember i actually disliked them a few years ago, and now I am obsessed

3 Likes

I think aritas been to europe atleast twice in the last year (probably more but im forgetting)

Getting them yourself is for sure cheaper depending on how you plan your trip

And depending on whether you’re lucky enough to be chosen… Lots of people who spent hundreds/thousand+ dollars (airfare, hotel, food, etc.) for a chance at an autograph.

1 Like

Yep that is also true, depends on the artist and event the kind of demand they’ll have

This is how I feel, too! It is really fortunate for this to be the case nowadays, and I totally understand the situation if the illustrator has their pre-selected sketches available on the board, with no option to match. But whenever possible I love having the matching sketch on the card. Otherwise it makes sense to me to at least choose a sketch that matches in some way (pokemon colour, type, etc).

Even above the matching sketch, I prefer to have the personalization in the same language as the card (English “Clara” on an English card, Katakana “Clara” on an Japanese card) but that’s not always possible, either! At the end of the day, it’s just a preference of course - even with these restrictions, a card with personalized sketch/auto is still amazing! :yum:

3 Likes

What if the Pokemon doesn’t match and also the card is done by another artist?

6 Likes

Okay sometimes there are some unique circumstances :smiling_face_with_tear: (that’s why I said it’s a preference)

2 Likes

I think we’ve been a bit spoiled recently with artist sketches. All of the artists who attended the Overload signings this past year did at least one sketch for each person, often sketching on all the cards. In the past, having a sketch of any Pokemon on a signed card was pretty amazing, and I personally still think it is.

I love that not only do you get the card signed by the artist, but they do a small piece of art which is totally unique and just for you. Even within sketches of the same Pokemon, there is always variation.

I prefer getting the Pokemon featured on the card sketched if I can, and often I’ll pick cards I want to get signed based on the available sketches. But I’m never going to turn down a signed card because the sketch is of a different Pokemon.

9 Likes

Im not a fan of them.

1 Like

Couldn’t resist opportunity to flex.

10 Likes

That’s soo cool :sunglasses:

Rocky Horror Picture Show-Hot Patootie-Bless my soul - YouTube Eddie :slight_smile:

whoever owns that pikachu must be super hot and socially well-adjusted

Give me one of your sugimoris :handshake:

Only ones I could afford are the sign cards sign by voice actors.:sparkles:
Found one with a Magmar card just wishlist it on my ebay. Hopefully won’t sell out before my paycheck

IMG_7249

@mossdeep

Please edit this post as your 9-digit zip code is visible.

1 Like

good call, can’t let the ops know where the :fire: magmar :fire: autos are

2 Likes

I blurred it out! :paintbrush:

3 Likes