Opinion?: McDonalds Events

So What Im Bringing Up First Is Pokemon match battle, it opens up another type of pokemon card competitiveness, where using a spinner you choose from a few categories, like pokedex number, hp, weight, height, etc. The 1st wave was a plastic spinner, that i actually have in my collection. (I bought it off my brother) And the 2nd wave i have no clue about. The way the game is played is youngest player goes first, and flips a coin, heads is highest and tails is lowest, spin the thing, and whatever category its on gets played, except reverse makes it the older’s turn. Whoever wins gains a point, and first to 3 wins. I personally think this is a very niche game that is really cool to learn about, but what does the collector community think about the cards, and specifically the spinner.

4 Likes

I would say that in general the collector community does not pay much attention to the McDonald’s promotional items. 2021 was a strange exception where people were going nuts for them.

5 Likes

I don’t collect them, but living in Japan- I do snag a happy meal when i roll through the (superior af) Japanese McDonalds for dinner sometimes. Best snag so far was a bug-catcher device that I raised a cocoon to actual moth with. Has a pair of plastic tongs so you don’t have to touch bugs too lol

5 Likes

I like McDonald’s promos. Been collecting them since 2012. If you have a casual Pokémon league with a lot of children, you can probably organize a match battle mini tournament.

1 Like

I like how it turns a common non holo into a unique holo card

2 Likes

Here is The Spinner i was talking about btw. Its My Most Favorite Part of my collection tbh. Its just so weird and i love it.

1 Like

Mcdonalds 2019 is the first and only pokemon set ive completed. I have a soft spot for them

1 Like

I have a few of those spinners. Here’s a duplicate I have.

Match battle 2023 plays a bit differently. It uses a cardboard coin like this.

There’s a high side and a low side. You flip it, and compare whether you get higher/lower card numbers based on the coin side. You use the card number on the corner of the coin closest to you. It’s still first to 3 points.

4 Likes