Opening product

How often do you guys open product ? I swear it’s been months and months for me :joy: just buy psa cards but getting the itch for something:) maybe just a cheap evolutions box for nostalgia!

For years I wouldn’t dare open anything old, but recently I have enjoyed opening a few boxes and loose packs of WOTC

2 Likes

Newer stuff for sure, for older WOTC stuff I think the risk to reward for me personally is too great although the itch is always there! I can’t afford boxes anyway now and the loose packs are all likely to be weighted anyway.

The fact you can buy psa 9 mint copies of alot of WOTC 1St edition holos (jungle, Rocket, gym etc) for sub £30 means I can aquire alot of these cards for around the same price as a pack without the risk.

Recently I haven’t opened anything Pokémon. It’s all been Dragon Ball Super stuff, and even then, I haven’t opened anything for weeks.

I just don’t feel the need to open anything Pokémon. It’s unexciting currently.

1 Like

Says a lot about the newer stuff being released doesn’t it! Just no drive to buy new boxes

1 Like

I tend to do just one pack per week just to keep me sane, have also been doing a few dbs packs (Nothing close to the amount oz has been doing >.<) Then just a few random yugioh packs also… All so the old pokemon packs stay safe :blush:

1 Like

Shining Legends was the last set I went a little crazy with and I haven’t bought much since. I’ll probably get a Japanese booster box of the new set with Neo & Advance gen reprints. I really don’t like the holo pattern they’re using right now and I firmly believe we should #ban5ban. Those two things keep from getting excited about new sets, although sometimes you’ll get a nice looking regular GX.

1 Like

I stopped after burning shadows. It just got to be too much and I felt overwhelmed with all the new sets.

1 Like

I open 1-2 boxes of each new set. I try to keep my expectations very low so i dont get too disappointed or burned out. Even still, my expectations weren’t low enough to handle my dumpster fire Ultra Prism boxes.

3 Likes

I opened a few packs of Ultra Prism in March but nothing since. Forbidden Light isn’t even remotely tempting me right now. Once Champion Road Japanese boxes go down in price I’ll buy one of those to open for fun.

Always when there’s a new set in English and Japanese - I always open a box of Japanese product and some booster packs of English. I rarely buy English Promo product these days as there’s rarely something interesting for me.

Right now I’m impatiently waiting for my English Fordbidden Light boosters, they have taken a long time to arrive from the UK for some reason. Plus, the thing I’m more excited about that is on it’s way to me is the Japanese Champion Road booster box! :grin: So with that the last product I opened was a box of Dragon Storm.

2 Likes

I haven’t opened a card pack since 2003 :confused:

The only sealed product in my collection are a set of base set unl blisters. When I first started I was all about collecting sealed product, but then sold or opened what I had and moved onto PSA cards. The temptation for me is too much with having a limited collection. I give props to those who can resist, collecting sealed WOTC is for sure the way to go

I’ve only ever opened one booster box (1st Edition Fossil) and that was within the past few months. Other than that, I open loose WOTC era packs from time to time, and I also enjoy opening new releases whenever they come out. It’s not the most cost effective thing, but my girlfriend, her brother, and I always grab a few packs from Wal-Mart and try to pull the chase cards we want. Often times it ends up just being some commons or uncommons that we think are cute!

I haven’t opened pokemon product in like 15+ years and I don’t think that’s gonna change anytime soon.

I go to prereleases and will open packs. I also win small amounts of packs from league cups I go and I open those. Always a fun experience opening packs you won from tournament play (Regionals, Cups, and the local prerelease which gives packs based off of wins)

I have opened a couple of stray EX series boosters last year, but I don’t really plan on doing so in the future because of prices. I only did so last year because of nostalgia

How does Super compare to Pokemon in collectability? Do you think it will stick around or nah

It’s based on the Japanese Dragon Ball IC Carddass game that’s been around for a few years.

Bandai changed it slightly and added different mechanics, but overall they play fairly similar.

They have really nice sets, good rarity tiers, great promos, excellent stock quality and overall the cards are fantastic in terms of artwork etc.

I think and hope it will last. PSA has started grading them also;

1 Like

I seen some dragon ball cards when guys were opening at the Burning Shadows prerelease. They are quite nice, and I was very tempted to jump in, but decided not to for monetary reasons.

I don’t get it oz. I have a beautiful collection of original+ DBZ and each time I tried I couldn’t get them graded. Below is the type I mean. Are they grading these now?