OMG Bulk?!?!?!

So I have around 5k in bulk. I know at one time this was actually worth something, but bulk price seemed to have dropped. Are those prices coming back? Should I put my bulk away for another day or sell it on ebay now?

1 Like

I personally dont think bulk prices will rise too much due to the amount of modern cards being printed

2 Likes

I think @ptccards, opinion is correct,

So many ‘bulk’ cards being printed today I don’t think will see an increase in bulk payable rate,

I’m now sorting my bulk and attempting to sell via different channels on individual cards just to cut the price of my opened boosters!

Dont think the prices are coming back any time soon - if you sell to one of the online stores some of them have bonuses for whatever you are selling. Like they will give you a 25% or 35% bonus on top of whatever they are offering for your cards - i would try to find something like that. Maybe some of the sites will have good bonuses for the holidays?

Better sell it all while buyers are paying decent rates in anticipation of the holiday rush.

I dont think it will come back anytime soon, kids these days are more interested in video games. I checked out the biggest card opppeners on youtube last night and all their views are down like 90%.

The biggest market for bulk was created by parents buying them for their kids. Now that the kids won’t want them as much I don’t see a rise anytime soon…and people buying bulk have either stopped or dropped the rates so low to the point that it’s not worth the time.

…but it’s Pokemon, and it will never die so who knows. Might have another resurgance like when GO came out, but it won’t be anytime soon.

Not all bulk is the same. For example: I would hold on to all foreign Base Set bulk…especially Spanish.

I’ve found WOTC bulk to be a hot seller, new bulk however will not appreciate in price so if your end game is to sell it, do it now

2 Likes

Yeah OP what kind of bulk are we talking here?

I’m personally holding onto mine, which is anywhere from Base 1st to Shining Legends, which obviously have different values.

Condition matters too, I would not sell pack fresh cards for a couple pennies. Except for new cards which I don’t really collect.

Honestly modern bulk saw a huge rise over the past several months. T&T was paying 3.5c per c/u and 12 c per rare which is huge after it bottomed out at 1c/4c. Hell they are even paying 2c each for basic energy again. It makes breaking down theme decks much more reasonable again but it is still nowhere the peak of a couple years ago with 7c per c/u. That used to be nice.

T&T isn’t buying anymore C/U or R as I type this and I wonder if we are going to head to another downturn as we are passing by the Christmas window.

2 Likes

Came to say what @gottaketchumall said.

Bulk DID come back up. It rebounded 2.5 cents to 3.5 cents after a long, long period of sitting as low as 1 cent per card.

Remember that bulk was never worth 7 cents for long. That was the highest ever recorded point. It spent years in the 2-3 cents range before that. Historically, 3.5 cents per card is a strong price.

1 Like