Nintendo Land 2020 Pokemon Kanto-Theme Park

Not sure if this has been brought up, couldn’t find anything in the search. Does anyone have any further info on Pokemon “Kanto”? Looks interesting.

EDIT : This is a custommock up!

4 Likes

Where is this Nintendo land you speak of?!!!

I’ll be visiting this new section of Universal studios when it opens in 2020 and I’m really stoked. Although Kanto is of course already an actual region within Japan, it’s funny how Osaka - which is part of the Kansai region - will have its very own (miniature) Kanto region in the future. I’m hoping NintendoLand will be aimed at all age groups and not just the youngest, but I’m sure I’ll have fun regardless. To segue back to your question, it’s still early days when it comes to solid information as NintendoLand is still under construction as we speak. I’m sure more info will spill as we get closer to the actual opening. I’m sure they’ll have some nice exclusive promo card(s) to celebrate this grand opening as well.

It’s part of Japan’s Universal Studios theme park located at Osaka. Adres: 2 Chome-1-33 Sakurajima, Konohana Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 554-0031, Japan. Although NintendoLand itself is still under heavy construction, it will be one of many subdomains within the grander Universal Studios itself.

They are building a park in California too, not only in Japan

This is just a modified map of Disney land

I have heard Universal Studio plans to open a little Nintendo section, just don’t expect it to be this expansive.

1 Like

@pkmnflyingmaster, *custom map

2 Likes

That makes a lot of sense, I just wasn’t sure as its still in early development, thanks!

So I can talk a little about this. I no longer work for the parks but the land was acquired in Orlando. It was during the Wet n Wild demo plan and Volcano Bay addition. There was a huge issue because the previous company who owned the land had gone through foreclosure and as a result they were pursuing legal action against the bank that sold it to Universal aka Comcast ( cause they could have made it money had they known it was for a theme park). In Orlando, the land is right of exit # 1 when u leave the airport heading 528 towards I-4. The land fits two parks, although it is close to Universal it is closer to Sea World. Universal Orlando/ Islands of Adventure is landlocked by the neighborhoods around it and the land they had to contract off Lowe’s when we weren’t making money back in 2006-2009.

5 Likes