Nice pikachu card to buy

I’m looking for some ideas for a good pikachu card to get for the collection.

Right now I’m leaning towards the poncho pikas but want to see what other options are out there

I really like the Ooyama’s Pikachu from vending which is affordable in a mid grade. Aside from that, I think the Pikachu World Collection from 2000 is a really solid set.

5 Likes

Take a peek at some of @quuador posts

1 Like

My all-time favorite Pika is the Corocoro surfing Pikachu!

1 Like

Maybe you can check Victory medals from 2009 :

5 Likes

If budget is not an issue, then Poncho Pikas are really nice.

For me personally, if I have a healthy budget, these would be my top picks.

Mega Tokyo Pikachu: 204/XY-P

10th Anniversary Pikachu: 098 to 102/DP-P (set or individual)

Warm / Uniqlo Pikachu 094 to 097/XY-P (set or inidividual)

They are all Japanese exclusives but are overshadowed by the more popular poncho / cosplay Pikas.

Whishing you good hunting.

Cheers!

13 Likes

2002 McDonalds

20 Likes

This is one of my personal favorites, gorgeous card.

6 Likes

These are my vote too! The Warm Pikachu (Uniqlo) set is 10/10.

4 Likes

The last few no rarity psa 9 pikachus have gone for circa 350$. That gets my vote :slight_smile:

All suggestions above are solid!

2 Likes

I really like that e-series card

1 Like

Prob my 2nd fav

8 Likes

11 Likes

I also collect pikas! I just started purchasing the Worlds promo cards as Pikachu has a cameo in a lot of them. The uniqlo set is one of my favorites as well.

1 Like

10 Likes

Since Ooyama’s Pikachu has already been mentioned, these would be my Runner Ups (not my photos):

You can never, ever go wrong with the birthday Pikas. Both the “White Star” and Natta Wake have crazy strong identities and are super unique.
And the “Bumblebee” Pika from Vending is just one of my personal favorites by a wide margin. It’s just so beautiful, so extremely oldschool. And just in case you’ve never had a glossy card, you certainly should get one now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Go for errors

s-l500

3 Likes

Lots of really great options already listed. Hard to go wrong with Pikachu!

For vintage, I really like some of the Japanese exclusive cards, like the ANA promos. Whimsical, fun, exclusive art, unique release, vintage - home run cards in my opinion and won’t break the bank for a nice condition card:

Appropriate to the season, I also quite like the Easter Pikachu:

Finally, I’m not much of a jumbo collector myself, but there are a bunch of really cool Japanese jumbos out there with great artwork if that interests you:

4 Likes
1 Like