Quuador's Collection - Spare book closet put to good use

Hi all,

I’m pretty new here and only posted a few times in justinator’s awesome thread. I started collecting Pokémon Cards when they first arrived in The Netherlands when I was 7 years old (I’m now 24). The last couple of years I haven’t collected all that much though, but about a year ago I decided to start a Pikachu Card collection. I only focus on all TCG Pikachu Cards (and now also Jumbo Cards). (So this is excluding Pikachu-shaped Dittos, cards featuring Pikachu, non-TCG/stickers, etc. and this does include all languages, stamps, codes, misprints, etc.)

As of right now (August 15th, 2016), I have 472 Pikachu Cards, and 53 more incoming. Here is the current collection Excel, copy-pasted into Google Drive. The first tab is my collection, second my incoming cards, third my needed cards [EDIT: I’ve put them all in the same tab and used colors for a clearer overview], and second all my duplicated cards that I might put up for sale one day. I’ll try to update it every now and then.

I plan on making a video of my entire collection as soon as I won’t have this many cards incoming anymore, but since I scatter eBay and some other websites pretty regularly it might take a while to slow down. I hope to one day come close to justinator’s collection, but for less than a year collecting, I’d say almost 500 isn’t too shabby. :wink:

Greetings,
Kevin

PS: Pikachu Cards isn’t my main collection btw. Twisty Puzzles is.

EDIT January 7th, 2017: I’ve uploaded a (slideshow) video of my collection.

EDIT: April 23rd, 2023: I’ve posted my entire Pikachu TCG collection, in sections separated by language. For all the individual parts, see the links here:

Greetz,
Quuador

35 Likes

very nice keep going, also love the twisty puzzles

3 Likes

Nice to have you here on the site!

There’s something mesmerizing about those twisty puzzles. I should re-learn the Rubik’s cube in my desk.

1 Like

Well organized…great job.

1 Like

Glad to see you’ve got a thread now!

I’ll take a look at the spreadsheet you’ve linked to once approved, nice job on the progress with finding cards~

1 Like

Ah, I had an incorrect setting. Now everyone should be able to see (and react to) it…

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Ok, my 500th Pikachu Card has arrived. :blush: And it’s also a pretty special one, the 5/5 Kids WB Creator Contest Pikachu.

The Excel in my google-drive has been updated again.

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

Sweet, that is a great card

2 Likes

Some more cards have arrived.

And also something funny happened… I specifically bought a Shadowless Yellow Cheeks Base Pikachu from the Japanese CD Promo set, but when I opened it today it looked very similar to the English Shadowless Yellow Cheeks Base Pikachu that was already in my binder. Both had a lighter color than the other Base Pikachu Cards I had. So, I did the light test and it turned out they were both Japanese CD Promo Shadowless Base Pikachu Cards… I already had this card in my possession all along while searching for it. :grin: Luckily I had the Shadowless Yellow Cheeks Base Pikachu also in my duplicates binder, otherwise I would have had two Japanese CD Promo versions, but no regular English version… :stuck_out_tongue:

Currently sitting at 521 cards with 46 more incoming (Excel has been updated again).

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Haha, that’s pretty funny! Nice catch, that might slip by a lot of folks. I could hardly tell the difference too when I got mine, but I opened it straight from the CD set myself, so I knew it was the one.

1 Like

Finally… I’m done! Took all day to re-organize my binders; update some mistakes in my Excel; take (69) pictures; and add captions to each of them after uploading.

!! WARNING: Not recommended to open on a mobile network without unlimited internet !!

Here you can see photos of my entire collection so far.

I might make individual pictures of each card in the future, but for now this will suffice.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

That was fun to look through, thanks for taking the time to organize and present it!

1 Like

Awesome collection! :grin: I loved looking through it.

1 Like

Thanks @skinst ! I also loved looking through your Mew collection on your website. :grin: I wasn’t even aware there were so many different Ancient Mew versions. I only knew about the regular and error one.
Also, it’s probably incoming I’d imagine, but you’re missing the Fades Collide Mew cards. Just noticed I had an artwork in my binder which I couldn’t find on your website, but it turns out to be a Korean XY10 Mew (Fades Collide set in English/Japanese), that recently has been released.
How many are you still missing (apart from the one I mention above and Art Academy)?

I guess we’re both excited about this upcoming release:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I do have the XY10 card I just haven’t put it up yet on the website XD;; It’s in my collection thread though!

The only one I’m missing at the moment aside from the upcoming releases is the Gotta! Glossy Promo 8 Mew. I didn’t even realise it existed until recently and everyone I’ve asked either sold it a long time ago or isn’t willing to sell right now.

So I’m not sure when I’ll ever get it, ahaha…

BUT YES I am excited about that release and the upcoming Lilypad Mew, and Mew EX.

Does this mean you’ve found the Art Academy one? :open_mouth: Congrats if you did.

I’m still looking for any of the 12 Pikachu Art Academy cards…

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Haha naaaah. I haven’t found it yet, but tbh I don’t think that I’ll get it for a very long time, if at all.

Though, if you’re looking for the Pikachu’s, I know where you can find some! @japanime’s son(?) I believe won one of the cards, and he is selling them (Pikachu in a raincoat). @espeon1993 also has quite a lot of the set and might be able to help you in contacting some of the other sellers.

Do note, some of these cards are VERY pricey. I know one of the Pika’s is going for 300 Euros each.

1 Like

That would be awesome! I’ll PM both @japanime and @espeon1993 .

And I was indeed expecting a pretty pricey tag on them… Ah well, I have a motto regarding expensive collection additions that I’ve been following for a long time now:
You only have to buy it once, and then you can enjoy it forever.

Let’s hope I have enough money to keep following that motto near the end, though… :wink: (Also not really a recommended motto to follow, btw.)

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Haha, yeah, I was thinking that constantly when I got the Players Mew EX card sealed recently. :dizzy_face: Bye bye $300…

But ah that’s the beauty of collecting I guess ahaha.

1 Like

Just a heads up it is @noodles (1997000 on the end for ebay username) on ebay who’s son won the art competition and not japanime. Also I opened you collection and ran out of data… then see in another thread you warn about it but not here haha.

1 Like