Need your expert opinion on this base booster box

Hi all!
I am looking to add a Spanish base set 1st ed booster box to my collection and I need your expertise on determining if this one I’m being offered is authentic.
These are some pictures the seller sent me:

Personally I see it that even though it is a bit damaged on the edges and corners it seems legit and in a decent condition, but I would like still to hear your feedback
As far as I know about the seal types for this boxes, there was a “side open” one and the complete sealed one (this) , am I correct?
Thank you!

2 Likes

Sealed older product worries me id love to have a bit but i wont risk it.

I’m no expert but even expert can just guess with sealed product. Maybe point some red flags, but risk will always be there. Good luck tho.

Are there fake spanish boxes out there? I don’t follow it closely, but if someone went to the trouble of faking a booster I would think they would fake english

People will fake whatever they have access to and is worthwhile

3 Likes

Your box looks legit. Here is the one I have. Bought mine about 15 years ago, so I’m fairly confident it’s real. The foreign language 1st edition Base boxes were printed in Belgium. The quality control was terrible. Some boxes do have an open side to the wrapper. Mostly the German and French boxes since they used a thicker plastic for the wrap and it didn’t shrink properly. The wrapper logo looks correct. I’d build a bit more of a rapport with seller. See if they’re patient in answering your questions.

4 Likes