My rarest card

Hey everyone, just got this in the mail today and wanted to share. If you guys want to learn some more info here is a great thread on the forum.

FPO Cards Info

This is currently the highest graded BGS version of this FPO Ampharos, super blessed to have this.

FPO Ampharos:
BGS 9.5 - Pop 1
FPO Ampharos

29 Likes

Amazing, wished there was a FPO Magikarp I could chase, thx for sharing!

1 Like

Goodness, this is really cool! Congrats on adding that to the collection.

1 Like

That would be sick :stuck_out_tongue:

So youre the one who won it! All Ampharos collectors are quite jealous. Wish I bought one when it was around $400. Congrats on an awesome rare card.

Thank you, it looks great and wanted an FPO card, I tried to win both auctions lol. Blessed to have it.

Very nice! Congrats!

I never noticed the “Medium” on the lower left corner before. What is this referring to?

1 Like

Is this the one Rusty sold? Nice

Yup, I got from TCA

@pblord7
That’s a great addition right there, my favourite FPO card as well!
Been like a year since I tried to inquire about possible location of this card but no one didn’t have any clue who owns it.

1 Like

This is just a test card so most questions like these won’t have much of a definitive answer. My guess would be that ultimately it’s just something Wizards used to distinguish this set of cards from other sets of test cards - this could perhaps be something to do with the thickness of the card’s border or the positioning of the e-Reader dot code on the left side of the card of each of the cards - something which ended up not being present in the final release.

Some other differences with this card and the final release is the copyright attributed to Wizards instead of Nintendo and the word “Connect” appearing out of place in the PokéPower description.

In fact, the presence of the e-Reader dot code on the left hand border is something which wasn’t present in the Japanese release for these cards either, so unless Wizards added these in themselves and then removed them afterwards I imagine these FPO cards likely predate the December 2001 release of the Japanese set. But again, that’s something we won’t really ever get a definitive answer to for a card like this.

3 Likes

Thank you! I couldn’t believe I won it on auction. I love the pink color in the card it’s awesome.

TCA had it before me, not sure how long.

1 Like

@pblord7
Not too long since the same card was listed twice by this user.
www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Ampharos-BGS-9-5-FPO-For-Position-Only-Pop-1/233961874969?hash=item367936e619:g:AgYAAOSwV~lf7jy8

1 Like

Interesting, it went for way under that.

1 Like

This 9.5 was a consignment item. Both it and the Blastoise were higher than my collection copy so I wanted to bid myself haha.

1 Like

Amazing card! Thanks for sharing.

Such an incredible card, nice pick-up!
If it isn’t too much to ask, how much do these FPO cards go for now? Especially something with such a low pop.

1 Like

Mine went for $1,313 on eBay. $200 less than the last sale which was a 9 instead of a 9.5

Dang did you get the blastoise lol. Blessed to have the one I do