My Graded Coins Thread

@timerunner, great collection! Btw I read somewhere here that a Red Gyarados coin was on auction in Japan, by any chance you have a pic of that coin? I’m curious. Also I know some karp coins exist, any rare or limited out there?

1 Like

There exists atleast one karp coin i know of i believe the one your refering to is one of the japanese Tournie ones? I can check otherwise the description of the gyarados sounds vaguely familiar.

www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.trollandtoad.com/pokemon/pokemon-coins-pins-badges/pokemon-shiny-mega-gyarados-collectible-coin-red-matte-holofoil-/1090184&ved=2ahUKEwiLlK3D7cXoAhUCx4sKHaWCBlkQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw03r3kjxNhv5-RtPsztMKPP

www.google.com/search?q=pokemon+red+gyardos+coin&oq=pokemon+red+gyardos+coin&aqs=chrome…69i57j33.7720j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=LGutJaWh-vnfFM:

Exists 4 diffrenr gyarados coins essentially like the 2 above one is silver and one is redish metal, out of these theres an early version and late print version where the foil on the coin changes from matte to cracked snowflake foil. Thats what i could find on gyarados didnt check for magikarp id reccomend you to take a look at bulbapedia they have one of the few coin lists with pictures. Also a lad in thos thread who has an personal list you could check with aswell.

Thanks a lot! This was very helpfull and I guess they were quoting that coin you sent, great!

1 Like

Thanks a lot and good luck on your coin collecting! Seems like I’ll be opening a bunch more product for them mint coins :blush:

1 Like

I treat my coins no diffrent then i do my cards thats the secret to my grades.

Ive gotten the grades and will post them momentairly

So happy to see the Thunderstorm Gift Box Pikachu at the top. It’s one of the very few things i could find of my old collection as a kid that i still have with me today. I thought about getting it graded myself but i am unsure how to judge the condition of a coin like that. Nice collection!

1 Like

1999 Eevee Starter Gift Set - PSA 8
2012 Zoroark Raiders Theme Deck - PSA 8
2003 Treecko Caravan Theme Deck - PSA 7
2013 Deoxys Frost Ray Theme Deck - PSA 7
Last coin PSA couldnt verify or rather had no info about it so it wasent graded

Mine was box fresh so to say to get a 10. Same goes for the eevee i got but it ended up an 8 vs the pikachu which got a 10 as for grades im abit dumbfounded since my pretty much bruised deoxys coun got the same grade as a pack fresh treecko coin.

1 Like

How much does it cost to get coins graded? I have hundreds I would consider sending off including a Imankuni Duduo that’s pretty nice condition

Should be noted that its on the costier side (about the same as cards) and that they dont grade all coins yet.

(Was about 14$ + value added tax a coin for me via my middleman)

Sorry I am a first timer as far as grading. So it’s $14 plus value? Like the value of the coin? How do they know the value of each coin? I have two misprint coins I want to get graded, how would they determine the value of that? Thanks for the reply! Very interested!

EDIT: And they don’t grade all coins? Do they have a list of what coins they do grade? I am a HUGE coin collector and would love to consider getting some of the more pricey ones graded.

No it was for me 14$ + VAT imo value based sales tax that my country applies to all sales commercially.

They dont have a list persay atleast not that i know of, you could either email and ask them about such matter or send in and should said coin not be graded cause they have no info they will refund you.

Having checked since its closer to 20$ per coin if you dont send alot of them. (And i do mean around bulk levels)

However they do for the most part grade the rather pricey and expensive coins that arent overtly obscured, such as TMB’s/Grand party ones, Challenge Road promo coins, japanese gym city deck coins and to my knowledge all wotc era coins and so on.

Tough it should be noted that if you submit to them enough info about the coins that should suffice for them to end up grading it

So how much do you think I would be looking at getting about a dozen Misprint Shaymin and Kyurem coins graded? Just a ballpark figure. These are the coins for reference:

i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/josh_boothe1/23022953_1950419218430614_1451698801_o_zpsbb5ek0wk.jpg

What country are you in? I can help with this and get it to a lower price than that. Especially in bulk.

I am in the US