My archive

It’s nice that this forum has a subforum to post collections and such. I will be using this space to share and look back on my growth years later. I’m not a high roller so this thread isn’t going to contain expensive single cards but who knows?

Background: I used to be one of the cool kids with a copy of base Charizard back in the day but lost it when moving. So I don’t really have any regrets on my childhood but a year ago I just started buying Pokemon products and got hooked again. Used to browse reddit a couple of times a day but now I browse efour a couple of times a day and efour just gets my inner collector self boiling up again - used to play neopets as well.
Goals: Picking up aesthetic cards, mainly promos, and maybe start a lugia collection in the long term

Recent booster box pull:

Feels pretty good to pull that Raquaza myself. I have an urge to sell it since its price tag is dependent on its current play-ability hype but sentimental emotions is preventing me to. :grin:

5 Likes

I preorder a box every time a new set gets released since I find fun and nostalgia in that. Last box I got some great pulls (2 FA UN GX from box and Mysterious treasure from prerelease kit) so I went ahead and created a current “meta” deck but found out my city isn’t that into Pokemon :sob:

The bait that hooked me back into Pokemon:

2 Likes

Chasing after promo cards:

Personally the belt looks the best - reminds me of the WWE belt.
Recent World Championship promos are more expensive than earlier promos. Better artwork? I still want to own a copy of each year.
I don’t believe in card grading but I picked the next 2 cards up at $50 a piece which would be the price that I’m willing to pay for NM raw copies. Seems like not a lot of people grade them since they’re at low pop.

1 Like