Music Man's Collection

Hi all,

New to the Forum here! Just got back into a little collecting after about 15 years. I’m a classic case of giving away my Base Set through Neo goodies to neighbor friends years ago and now completely out of touch with them. But alas, I’ve enjoyed recollecting a little recently. Here are the highlights of my renewed NM collection. Still have a few more to go with the shinings and what not, but I’m pleased so far! (And yes, I know those gold metal cards aren’t real Pokemon cards, but they were intriguing collector pieces nevertheless)

16 Likes

Looks great! I see the Ex Dragon Charizard in there which pleases me since I think it’s an astoundingly underrated Charizard, with such incredible artwork!

3 Likes

Thanks! I agree, some very underrated artworks out there such as the EX Dragon one. I personally love the VS Japanese Charizard artwork the best. Very unique compared to all the others, IMO.

4 Likes

True that one definitely stands out too, another underrated illustration for sure.

1 Like

Sure has been a while since I’ve updated with my additions to my small collection. Here’s a big one to start back posting again!

What do you think it would grade?

What would be a fair market price for it? Hard to tell with so few recent solds. But you all are the experts especially on the rarer ones like this guy!

6 Likes

Nice! Lol never saw that eevee snorlax one, very cute haha

I’ve completely forgotten when I picked up this guy. Getting harder and harder to find these raw!

6 Likes

Very nice! The card-e promo Charizard looks very clean. Super hard to come by as well. Awesome collection.

Cheers.

Thanks! I picked it up right before all the upticks in price lately (like 8 months ago!). Now I just need to pick up the FPO zard to complete the artwork variations! Doubtful though that’ll happen anytime soon. :sob:

Ya, my wife saw it and wanted to add it to the collection. Ha!

1 Like

Picked this guy up at a LGS for about $300 a few months back. It was a steal!

8 Likes

Just in from the mail today. Was finally able to complete the raw variants of this zard artwork from Boundaries Crossed! Yay!!

I was missing the cross holo; it is not easy finding in raw, NM condition. The cosmos variant you can find all day, every day it seems. Onto the next collection goal.

5 Likes

Nice collection and thread. I like your taste and i have the majority of these myself as well. What’s your next collection goal?

I’d like to pick-up the Ex Fire Read/Leaf Green Zard and a raw shadowless base set one as well. Going to be a while for those. I’ve completed most other variants in the world of zards at this point. I’ve tossed around the idea of picking up some gold stars, but we’ll see. Patience is key and I am not in any hurry.

1 Like

The fire red leaf green zard Blastoise and venusaur are so sick. Really the whole set is in my opinion

Absolutely! Definitely a big goal to pick up the zard some day. It’ll happen, only a matter of when (and how much!).