More love for BGS!

PSA grader perspective:

Let’s see…
looks at the checklist.
Next step: “If the card is holofoil: are there any print lines on the holofoil portion of the card?”
looks at the card again.
Dang, loads of them! The entire holofoil is full of horizontal print lines! -4 to the grade it is.

/s (or maybe not? :thinking: )

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

Quite embarrassing for that sort of discrepancy to happen on those cards. PSA have been grading that card for 10 years now. Nuts.

Does anyone know any BGS employees who will make me a black label? I don’t mind corruption if it benefits me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Siempre soy amigo del cartel!

I sure hope the first-BGS-submission-gets-a-black-label theory turns out to be true too, especially with the Stamp Box Pika I submitted.

1 Like

My first submission is there too, I sent it June 19th and paid for the 30 day turnaround. I hope I hear something back soon.

1 Like

I sent mine on 7/13 and they emailed a confirmation of receipt on 7/22 – did you get one of those? I’d assume that’s when the 30 business day timer starts.

Ooof. I would think that this is embarrassing for both parties. There’s been a lot of misgrading recently.

Saw this “PSA 10” Neo Genesis Lugia. I was shocked when I checked the scans.

https://www.psacard.com/cert/65847184

Someone will say " it’s on the case!"

2 Likes

"Saw this “PSA 10” Neo Genesis Lugia. I was shocked when I checked the scans.

https://www.psacard.com/cert/65847184 "

Link doesnt work, tried to manual input the number and it still comes up as an error.

PSA deactivated the certificate number because it was a misgrade.

Saw Kenli / thepokemonnetwork showing off this particular “PSA 10” Neo Lugia on his Instagram the other day and how the price is $15k, maybe he doesn’t show it was deactivated by PSA. RIP.

Hopefully, someone made a backup and still has the photo or scan of the card.

Seems shady why would they “deactivate” the cert , without compensating owner of said cert? Is there more to the story?

BGS is having a 20% promotion for all TCG submissions created/paid for by 9/30.

I decided to get my last few cards out the door while they’re on sale but uh the new submission form is an absolute joke. It’s essentially just a google form. You are literally describing your own cards with no guidance and they’re just Enter-spaced in a single entry in the form.

I cannot fathom the conversation surrounding this product that ended in “yep this is good, ship it”

Despite this, I sent out 4 cards for Graded Card Review/Cross Grade. All vintage MTG.

4 Likes

Yep, I just sent out my first sub on the new system and the whole time was just uttering “how is this real?”

It’s insane how far behind they are from PSA and CGC infrastructure-wise.

5 Likes

I made a submission a few weeks ago, but decided I didn’t want to send one of those cards. Have been waiting for them to reply my email saying I wanted to change 1 of the cards on the submission, or a refund/ partial refund, but still nothing. Anything I can do here?

You can try contacting Mike Gardner, he’s normally pretty good at responding. mgardner@beckett.com

I personally love the old style BGS cases. I actually think they look and feel more premium than PSA (BGS 9 and above though as I hate the white label). I’m worried about these new cases though I think they look ugly and ruin the thing I like about BGS the most.

Predominately I still collect PSA though as most of my collection is PSA already and I like uniformity plus PSA generally holds value better. Mostly the cards I send to BGS aren’t graded by PSA or if they have a shot at pristine I’ve sent a few. Only managed to get 1 pristine though so far.

1 Like

following up here with my experience grading with the new and improved BGS.

my submission was marked delivered by UPS on 9/29. I figured I would give the Tracker too a try so I entered in my Submission ID and it says my order has already been completed and is being prepared for return shipping. Obv this has to be impossible so I emailed them. Seriously what is going on

Just an update, I dont see the new slab case on BGS website anymore. I mentioned it to a BGS rep in a call a while ago and they told me they don’t plan to change labels. It was nothing official obviously but still weird to see. I was betting on November but I am happy there is not a change yet. Im down to 3 cards I need to slab up at a minimum before they swap

2 Likes

I messaged to BGS a few days ago, they replied that the NOV info is wrong.

1 Like

I bet they are waiting for me to finish my collection

3 Likes

They are waiting til you are one card short as its more profitable for them when you swap them all over :wink:

1 Like