Modern Japanese Print Quality is Incredible

I wish there were some high quality photos or scans as educational examples of texture chipping. I sometimes check scans of alt arts in PSA 9, and sometimes it’s hard to find anything…I’m assuming at least some of these were docked a grade due to texture chipping, because I bet that doesn’t show up great on a scan.

1 Like

@cdarwin7 this is pretty much my experience with CSRs. It kinda just looks like whitening on the front, which is very visible do to the contrast of the black border.

I personally havent seen this on alt arts, as ive found the card is more similar to a full art with the typical textured silver border. This is an issue ive exclusively noticed on CSRs from s8b. Dont have any from other sets so i couldnt say if its persistent across sets. In general, i wouldnt say its that big of an issue, as its not terribly common in my experience and when it is, its not typically that bad.

(These cards belong to me now, i just pulled the pics from the completed listing on eBay bc im not home and they show it off fine)

2 Likes

Thanks, very helpful!

I pulled a Blissey CSR from the only Vmax Climax box I bought, noticed the same thing on the borders. Same with the Arceus V promo.

1 Like

Arceus promos are terrible for it :roll_eyes: print lines too

The seller pulled it off again! :exploding_head:

2 Likes