Mew collection ~Lof102 (Lilypad Mew)

Hey guys,

It has been a while since I posted here regarding my Mew collection. So I’m trying something different, in this new thread, and will do my best to keep track of it.

When adding the cards to my collection I really like to know how that card was distributed, when it was released or what the foreign name of the set is when it is not in English. So I made multiple inlays, the size of a card, which I have added to enrich my collection.

This also gave me the idea on how to present my collection here on E4.
I will be posting a set of cards which belong together every once in a while, they relate to each other by release, artwork or attacks. I will go from the oldest set to the newest, describe their release moment, the foreign set names and ad scans of the cards I own. I will use the Japanese release as my starting point.
In case I still need the card the scan will be in black and white. Any updates regarding cards that I have received will be posted in between. I hope you like it!

Below you can find the shortcuts to all the updates:

Currently I own 235 unique Mew TCG cards of the, to my knowledge, 297 released Mew TCG cards.
If you got any questions, just ask them in this topic or feel free to contact me!

Thank you
~Lof102

11 Likes

So, the first Mew design I will show you is also the first Mew TCG card released.
This card is initial released and distributed as part of the Japanese set ‘Mystery of the Fossils’. The card has a galaxy holo pattern, is unnumbered and was released on June 21 in 1997.

Japanese – Mystery of the Fossils

Mew - Mystery of the Fossils

The first English release of this card was a non-holo release. The card was given away at the Pokémon Leagues on January 8 in 2000. The card is available in 6 different languages and is number 8 of the first Black Star promo set released by Wizards of the Coast (WotC).

English – Black Star Promo
French – Black Star Promo
German – Black Star Promo
Italian – Black Star Promo
Spanish – Black Star Promo
Portuguese – Black Star Promo

Mew - English WotC BSP 8 Mew - French WotC BSP 8 Mew - German WotC BSP 8 Mew - Italian WotC BSP 8

Mew - Spanish WotC BSP 8 Mew - Portuguese WotC BSP 8

The second English release of this card has a galaxy holo pattern and was also given away at Pokémon Leagues. This was in April in 2000 and is number 9 of the WotC Black Star promo set.

English – Black Star Promo
French – Black Star Promo
German – Black Star Promo
Italian – Black Star Promo
Spanish – Black Star Promo
Portuguese – Black Star Promo

Mew - English WotC BSP 9 Mew - French WotC BSP 9 Mew - German WotC BSP 9 Mew - Italian WotC BSP 9

Mew - Spanish WotC BSP 9 Mew - Portuguese WotC BSP 9

There is also an additional release of the non-holo English card. This card was only released in Japan and is printed on the Japanese glossy card stock. The card was included in the July 2000 issue of the Gotta Magazine

Mew - Japanese Gotta Magazine BSP 8

Thank you
~Lof102

8 Likes

Awesome!! Mew collector myself, good Info Here!

1 Like

Thank you @jczechorski,! Do have a thread of your own Mew collection here on E4?

~Lof102

No I don’t. On Instagram@ Mew collector

1 Like

You all might have heard from this card, most of the times it is called the ‘Bubble Mew’. This artwork of this card is only released in Japan during 7th World Hobby Fair held in December 1997. The card itself had to be peeled from a sheet similar to the cards from the Vending Series. Since the card shares the same symbol as the Vending Series as well people like to see this as an addition to that series.

Japanese – World Hobby Fair 1997

World Hobby Fair

There was a second release of this card later on January 1st 1999 as a promo card included in the Pokémon Best Collection CD. Besides a different shade of purple the card is similar to the one from December 1997. In my own collection I got a very descent miscut as well which a friend of my has pulled from one of the CD’s.

Japanese – Best Collecton CD

Best Collection CD Best Collection CD miscut

Thank you
~Lof102

7 Likes

Great collection.

1 Like

Thank you!

~Lof102

Another famous card, known as the Lilypad Mew. This card had 3 releases in Japan. At first it came with the February 1997 issue of CoroCoro Comic. The reprint of this card is less known, this card got reprinted in the November 1998 issue of CoroCoro Comic. Just like the Bubble Mew the difference is the shade of purple on the card.

Japanese – CoroCoro Comic

CoroCoro Comic 1997 Mew CoroCoro Comic 1998 Mew

There was another Japanese release of this card, the well known JR Rally Stamp release. This card was matte instead of glossy. You had to collect several stamps on participating stations. This took place in September 1997.

Japanese – JR Rally

JR Rally Mew

Besides Japanese this card only got released in English during the Pokémon Leagues in June 2002. This card is part of the WotC promo series and got number 47.

WotC Promo 47 Mew

Thank you

~Lof102

5 Likes

Wow, I’ve been looking for something like this for so long now. I’ve just started to collect Mew myself and I was struggling to find which cards I need. I’ll be following this very closely. Beautiful collection by the way.

2 Likes

Mew fossil holo is one of the best I have ever seen, I love all thsoe colors.

1 Like

Thank you :grin:!

I didn’t continue this thread because I didn’t feel like people were into the way I presented my cards…

You can find scans of my Mew collection here: Mew collection, a few still need to be added.

If you have any questions you can always PM me!
~Lof102

What is the name of the 70HP MEW with Gold Text? That is too cool!

1 Like

That’s a shame, I thought it was really interesting and insightful. I checked out your collection, it’s amazing, congrats. There’s some there I never knew were exclusive Japanese releases, it’s just what I’m looking to add to my collection.
Good luck with your journey.
All the best.

3 Likes

Beautiful collection! Mew is a favorite of mine.

1 Like