MegaShiningMagikarps collection- Victory Medal set

Hi guys,

Thought I would start a collection thread off with my two favourite Magikarp cards. :blush:

Uni karp and Fan Club by Simon, on Flickr

Simon

25 Likes

Great cards!

1 Like

glad you finally made it to the forum, my man!

Beautiful cards! These are the best looking Magikarp cards out there.
Welcome to E4! I’m excited to see what else you have to show us :wink:

1 Like

Nice stuff. Beautiful cards. Keep it up!

1 Like

Cheers guys. :blush:

As well as Magikarps I’ve been picking up ‘Trophy’ cards here and there for the last couple of years. My trophies will always stay in the original display cases, it pains me to see people grade them just to flip em.

My most recent purchase was the 2005 summer battle road tournament 3rd place Victory Orb Mew off YJ. Well I actually bought 3 trophies off that seller. :sunglasses:

I was surprised they sat for so long considering the rarity.

2005 summer battle road tournament 3rd place Victory Orb Mew by Simon, on Flickr

Simon

14 Likes

Following on from my last update is another card from my recent YJ purchase. 2007 Spring battle road Tournament 1st place Mysterious pearl.

2007 Spring battle road Tournament 1st place Mysterious pearl by Simon, on Flickr

Simon.

9 Likes

I absolutely adore this little trio of cards. I want a set one day but I don’t know how much they go for. I think Wondee Platinum is stupid rare compared to the others, so that might be a challenge. Awesome card and neat in the case too. It’s hard for me to choose between in the case and a PSA 10 copy.

2 Likes

The trio would be amazing. Yeah the Wonder Platinum is insanely rare, supposedly only 9 copies. 3 of which are graded. As for case or a PSA… I personally would go case everytime. :wink:

Simon.

1 Like

I wanted at least one matchprint in my collection so I bought this Meowth off Rusty a few months ago. Absolutely love the artwork.
I also really want one of the matchprint Magikarp but they are already with two other forum members :sob:

Matchprint Meowth by Simon, on Flickr

Simon.

7 Likes

Random recent pick up.
Complete 2007 Pokemon players club promo set in PSA 10.

2007 PPP Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup by Simon, on Flickr

2007 PPP Manaphy, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai by Simon, on Flickr

Simon.

10 Likes

Newest addition to my collection…
2005 spring battle road tournament 1st place Victory Ring. Also pictured is the less desirable 2003/04 release. Has anyone ever seen a 2003/04 in its original display case??

2003 victory ring and 2005 spring battle road tournament 1st place Victory Ring by Simon, on Flickr

Simon.

7 Likes

Everyone hates on the 03 version but i like it, reminds me of the one ring to rule them all from LOTR alot. I miss the psa 10 i graded and sold cos i needed the money :slightly_frowning_face: fairly sure ive seen one in the case on yahoo at some point last year.

4 Likes

No rarity Magikarp in PSA 10 and Fan club Porygon/Karp in PSA 9. Just need to pick up an Eevee at some point.

No rarity Magikarp in PSA 10 by Simon, on Flickr

Fan club Porygon and Shining Magikarp by Simon, on Flickr

Simon.

11 Likes

No rarity Charizard from my recent PSA return.
I found this Zard in one of my old binders from 10+ years ago. No rarity wasn’t really a thing back then so I didn’t think anything of it. It wasn’t even in a soft sleeve!

No Rarity Charizard PSA 9 by Simon, on Flickr

Simon.

22 Likes

If only I could find one of these in my old binders :smile: that’s so awesome congrats!!

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve updated this. Not a new addition but thought I would share.

I know a lot of people don’t like the modern trophies but every/any trophy has a place in my collection…
2013 Battle carnival 2nd place victory cup in its original case/plaque.

2013 Battle carnival 2nd place victory cup by Simon, on Flickr

11 Likes

Your game is too strong Simon! :grin:

1 Like

Beautiful cards all around here! Happy to see your stuff filter into the forum from Instagram! :blush:

1 Like

A recent pick up…2012 Battle Carnivail 3rd place Victory cup in PSA 10. Would look much better in original case/plaque. :grin:

2012 Battle carnival 3rd place victory cup by Simon, on Flickr

10 Likes