Mason (Card 'N All Gaming) Claims Mass Buyouts: Sun & Moon Alt Arts

Thoughts?

TL;DW: Mason shows multiple Sun & Moon Alt Arts and their recent price hikes on TCGPlayer. Many are up 20%-50% as we near the end of the SW & SH Era. He suggests that fear of Scarlet & Violet not including alt arts may be driving demand.

He’s pumping.

8 Likes

This is the kind of nonsense (by nonsense I mean the people who make these videos, not that you’re sharing it for conversation @Dyl) that I really don’t like about the whole Poketuber scene.

Either this guy is making this to help everyone get their S&M singles before they are gone (lol) or it’s attempting to pump. Even if prices are going crazy, is anyone really buying or is this yet another instance of speculation gone wild.

Seeing all this constantly happening makes me feel like this sometimes:

7 Likes

8 Likes

Here’s a real brain buster:

Can the price swings (if we wanna call it that) be the result of both a buyout and the natural trend where good cards go up in price over time?

3 Likes

One last hurrah before we all stop collecting the silver border english cards

2 Likes

Poketubers feel like such a cancer at this point. Getting tired of them in the hobby

Mason isn’t exactly a Poketuber… he’s a guy who owns a Local Game Store (LGS). He likes to make informative videos from the perspective of a game store owner. He often comments on market trends, which tend to rub some people the wrong way.

6 Likes

Yeah, he’s always struck me as more in the range of Rudy and TCA Gaming. He’s not a stonk Poketuber.

5 Likes

No more alt arts? That would be a cardnall sin

6 Likes

Ah my bad. When I see a thumbnail that says “absolute bangers” then I fear for the worst.

2 Likes

On the pokemontcgdeals discord he gets a lot of hate though because he pumps and overcharges and makes excuses for doing so.

He isn’t Danny Phantump, who might be the only one who’s actually sincere in educating.

demand and supply.

also my fav from that era:

wailord trolling magikarp, magikarp freaking out, great art style, full art, etc.

12 Likes

Agreed, i love it.

Buy or Bye.
I’m not holding my breath, and perfectly happy waiting or losing out. If they drop in the future, then I’ll bite. But I can’t see, with what, 90% (?) of all cards printed this past year, that these cards are worth much heartache or headache.

2 Likes

Honestly I feel like Sun and Moon Special “Alt” Arts have been pretty underrated for a while now, especially stuff like tin promos. I literally just bought this Garchomp Giratina PSA 10 for $49.99.

It has a PSA 10 pop of 417.

That’s a lot, but compared to brand new Alts like Giratina V 186 with a PSA 10 pop of 537 it’s not that much.

And meanwhile that Giratina V 186 PSA 10 is $600.

I know Giratina 186 would likely be more expensive because it is rare compared to a tin promo, but I don’t understand why it is 12X more expensive.

1 Like

Ya nothing really new. But I would say it’s less of an issue now that a lot of the “easy/quick money” people have moved on out of the hobby. This could just be tin foil hat conspiracy or people just realizing the opportunity of Sun and Moon Alt arts since the S&S Alt arts are going crazy right now.

The rational mind is a source of confusion in modern Pokemon. Quiet your thoughts and logical reasoning… feel the fomo and the answer will become clear.

Alt arts = free tendies babyy :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

Claims ‘mass buyouts’ and then shows cards that have been steadily climbing for 3months+

Thats not a buyout

1 Like

Listening to a guy that owns a LGS who’s always pumping is not someone I’d take advice from