Macky's collection and stories

Very nice! I’m currently waiting for mine to arrive.
I’ve heard there are some flaws with some of them, is this also the case with your cards? EDIT: Nvm, you’re the person I heard it from, and you actually already stated it was a misunderstanding. :wink:
I was hoping to grade all three of them with PSA after another Japanese FA Supporter arrived later this year (Alolan Friends). Very nice, although pretty pricey, additions to my FA Supporter collection. :blush: I’ll post pictures of them as well when they have all three arrived.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I really like that Lillie art too - when it was first announced I was thinking of getting one myself, until I saw the prices they were going for. Nice additions!

1 Like

Wow all three look so cool together, congrats

1 Like

Nice collection! I’m honestly relieved that your username is macky and that you weren’t referring to McDonald’s as Mackys. When I first saw the thread title I was concerned haha

1 Like

@quuador Thank you! They truly are gorgeous in person. Yes, it is a common issue where the context of a message gets lost in translation, so it was a good thing we talked in person and had a look at some cards. I am also looking forward to the Alola Friends set this December. :blush:

@kpatmusic , @cornking , @cross Thank you for your appreciation! I hope you enjoy these cards.

1 Like

These came in about 1-2 weeks ago but havent had the time to deal with them what with the holidays and family events going on.

The first photo is Pikachu with the Galar starters, which came as a pre-order bonus for the Nintendo Switch cartridges purchased at Lawsons convenience stores across Japan.

The next 2 came from the Limited Collection Master Battle Set, which commemorates the end of the Sun and Moon era.
The entire set of goodies that came in the box all look and feel very “classy” which makes it somewhat counter-productive as the premium materials make you not want to use them for tournament play.

All 3 photos were taken with my new light box, something I’ve purchased 2 months back so I could setup my slabs and take nice photos with them as a keep sake for my months at sea. For context, i work on a cargo ship, hence can’t bring cards with me for fear of them getting damaged; so i opted to take some nice photos so I can look at my collection pieces while at sea.

Edit: I apologize for the sideways pics, they were upright when i initially uploaded them. Will find a fix later in the morning as its almost 3am for me and i dont have enough brain cells to function properly.

6 Likes

Added this beautiful card to my JP collection.
Front looks flawless but the back upper right corner seems to have 3 pin-point dents (for lack of a better description). Didnt care, no second thoughts, price was crazy good.

Not much story here, was just doing the usual rounds and actually had a different card in mind, so this was a neat little surprise.

JAPANESE BW-P 145 RAYQUAZA EX

Asked about the partner Giratina Ex but apparently the original owner doesn’t have it, which seems weird.

7 Likes

It is that weird time of the year again in which I crawl out of my cave, stare out at the receding sunlight as summer makes way for autumn, and the cold winds of the north start blowing downwards to usher us in to winter which in light of recent events, could be metaphorically colder and more ‘isolating’ than those preceding it. And so I point the antenna at a darkening sky, searching for an azimuth and elevation combination that might give me some feeble reception to the outside world in an attempt to connect with lost contacts and let them know, once per year as it always has been, that I am alive and well.

A few odd beeps later, the signal stabilizes and my phone goes wild with all the updates from all the apps and thingy-ma-do’s that have enslaved my peers. As i update myself with the news and articles of recent happenings, i slowly dawned on me that the whole pokemon card market has gone parabolic, for a good many reasons, but what stuck out to me most was the simplest reason of all: bigger whales with deeper pockets have entered the game.

I check some points of interest, and note down those that have had an impact on my meager collection. By the looks of things, it doesnt look like im finishing those sets any time soon. So without further ado, here are some new additions to my collection (January 2020 purchases):

(Except the Zam, which was purchased some time in 2019)

Thank you all for your time in reading this rant. I should now switch off the antenna, put out the campfire, and crawl back into my hole. This covid winter is going to be brutal for the unprepared. See you when this is over.

-Chiefmacky
Middle of nowhere

6 Likes

About a month ago, my first ever CGC graded returns arrived in the mail care of Ludkins!
I posted my graded Rayquaza EX promo on a local group page (i’ll share those on a separate post below), and a few days later, a fellow collector messaged me about selling his Giratina EX so that i could complete the duo. The owner is half-Japanese and is an avid Giratina collector, however, he has fallen on tough times due to this pandemic and has decided to part with his holiest of Giratina grails. This one is not particularly minty fresh, with a noticable crease at the front, and several peeling spots along the edges. All in all, i am still happy with the purchase.

6 Likes

Sorry to Necro this thread, i just wanted to say how amazed I am at how well this collection has aged. I probably should come through with updates, but seeing as there’s just so much hotness products everywhere now, im hard-pressed to think people would still care about modern-ish Japanese promos.

3 Likes

I can’t believe its been 2 years since i had some cards graded! Time flies when you live under a rock. Without further ado, here are the CGC returns of 2021 (stories and raw photos above):

4 Likes