Looking for insight on some French boosters

Hi all, I’m in discussion on possibly buying some vintage booster packs. The following French items are included but info online seems pretty scarce, especially for the base blisters.

Blisters: The cardboard is obviously pretty beaten up, but would $500ea be an accurate estimate on value?
Jungle: I was told these are “first edition rejects.” I haven’t heard that phrase before. Any idea what the asterisks by the TM and after “Booster” could signify? I was thinking around $100ea for these.
I’m sure French product is a pretty niche market, but I know some foreign prints are more sought after than others. Where do the French versions fit into the spectrum?
Thanks for any help

The prices for the Base 1st edition French packs seems close to market value. The *** and other marks on the Jungle packs refers to additional information on the back flap of the pack. Possibly TM of Nintendo or Gamefreaks. The packs were printed in Belgium for the European market. So they would have different copyright information than want was printed in the USA.

1 Like

$500 for each of the blister packs is a very good deal. I would say they are worth $1000-$2000+ each due to their rarity and inability to be searched (as far as I know). This price comes from the fact that loose booster packs that have possibly been searched are going for around $500-$700 and PSA 10 packs are going for $1500-$2000. Since the blister packs are rarer than loose packs that puts them in the $1500+ range however the cardboard on the ones you have pictured is somewhat beat up.

The jungle packs are probably going for around $150-$250 each at the moment.

Thank you. I figured the blisters would have a slightly higher value than loose packs, but the condition of the cardboard is something that might turn potential buyers off. Couple that with them being French and I went conservative with my value to leave some room for negotiation.

Pulled the trigger and got a deal done for what’s shown. The seller kept the French Jungle 1st Ed packs for now and he’s going to look into finding more info on them. Apparently he knew some people from the Belgian printing location and that’s where he got what he called “reject” packs from. It may come down to simply opening one of the packs to see what’s inside.

Otherwise, more than happy with my purchase. Packs are very clean and the box is NM. Sat in his closet for 20 years so it’s in great shape.

English Unlimited Fossil BoosterEnglish Unl Jungle, Gym Challenge, and FossilFrench 1st Ed blisters

I’ve seen the acrylic boxes for booster boxes, and I think TCAGaming had one that fit blister packs. Do any of you know where I could go to pick these up?

1 Like

Congrats on the haul! The French blisters are very cool. As for acrylic cases for blister packs, I was thinking of picking up one of cases below but I never got around to it. They look nice though. Make sure that you measure your pack and purchase the one with the correct dimensions.

www.gradedpower.com/catalog/pokemon_supplies-pokemon_acrylic_cases/pokemon_5x_acrylic_blister_booster_pack_2_display_guard_60029/293770

www.gradedpower.com/catalog/pokemon_supplies-pokemon_acrylic_cases/pokemon_5x_acrylic_blister_booster_pack_1_display_guard_60028/293764

2 Likes

Update on the blister packs: 1 Has sold on ebay. Buyer has paid $1,799+tax for a total of just over $1,900. I just wanted to relay this so there is at least 1 point of sales data out there.