List of all TCG cards that exist for a specific Pokémon

Only 2 copies exist, and most are either in possession of TCA_Gaming, or already sold to other collectors. Most MATCHPRINT cards that come up for sale on eBay will be 650-1500 USD probably. Bought my Pikachu for 1k from TCA 1.5 year back, and I also know he sold a Charizard for 1k as well. I assume Pichu will be around the same price-range, but you could ask TCA if he still has both copies in his possession, or only one. And for what price he’s willing to let it go for.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

If I remember correctly there is only 2 in existence so yeah there a little pricy. If there still with the original seller then you might be able to achieve one of them, if they’ve moved on to other homes you’ve got a tough bargain ahead of you. (They are super cool though and wish I had the Kadrabra one)

Mjisaacs

2 Likes

Also thank you for the piplup list! @quuador didn’t realize there were that many!

Mjisaacs

1 Like

Thank you so much for the blastoise one:)

1 Like

I was just considering doing this for totodile, but wasn’t entirely sure where to begin gathering information. Where did you get all of yours?

I’ll put it on my TODO list. And I always use the same method when making my lists:

1. Go to the “Pokémon TCG” page on Bulbapedia (Totodile TCG in this case)
  2. Open each individual link in the Card column and look at the Release Information and sets mentioned at the right side for all English and Japanese cards
  3. Add the additional Japanese / English cards to the list that aren’t mentioned on Bulbapedia (MATCHPRINT cards; some sample prints; 1st edition differences; EX era codes; ©1999-2000 for the Base Set, Spanish Base Set, Fossil set; Teach Set cards; etc. etc.)
  4. Look at the Error cards page on Bulbapedia and CTRL+F for the Pokémon, and add those as well.
  5. Go to the World Championships Deck page on Bulbapedia, open each link, and CTRL+F for the Pokémon (these aren’t mentioned on the individual card’s pages for some reason)
  6. Search for the Pokémon name plus “KTCG” for all Korean releases mentioned on Bulbapedia
  7. See if some of the XY, SM, and SwSh era sets are released in Korean by searching for them on pokemoncard.co.kr/cards (with the Korean Pokémon name from Bulbapedia)
  8. Go to en.pokemoncardmarket.eu and look in which languages the cards are available (although for loads of sets I either already know due to my other collections, or earlier lists I’ve made). And sometimes I open other cards from the same sets to double-check some less common languages that aren’t too often for sale on CardMarket, like Spanish or Portuguese.
  9. Go to the First Impact page and corresponding decks to add all Thai cards, and do something similar for all Indonesian and Chinese Sun & Moon & Sword & Shield era cards. (These days I usually just search for the Pokémon name plus “ATCG” or “CTCG”/“TTCG”/“ITCG” on Bulbapedia.)

Sounds like a lot of work. Well, it kinda is. :blush: Most lists of gen 1 or 2 Pokémon I make in 45-75 minutes.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Hi @cross , the Totodile list is done. A total of 210 unique TCG cards.
If you see anything missing or incorrect, let me know. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

You’re literally my new favorite person. Thank you!

1 Like

Just wow at everything.

Time and interest permitting, would you be able to create lists for Wailmer and Wailord?

Would love to see if I missed anything.

And how do we contribute to your coffee fund?

I used your Magikarp list before I signed up and was grateful for the research.

2 Likes

@magiwailord I’ll put it on my TODO list. Might have some time tomorrow to make at least one of the two lists, perhaps both.

And no need for a coffee fund, since I don’t drink coffee, haha. :grin: I don’t need anything in return for it, I’m just glad I can help other collectors, and at the same time I usually learn something new myself while making the lists.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

@quuador
By now how many of the Pokémon have you completed? I’m always surprised to hear there’s another Pokémon you haven’t done yet :joy: I just assume that by now every single Pokémon has been done.

Mjisaacs

Haha, no, not all of them yet. These two lists are the 58th and 59th of the total 809 Pokémon that have cards thus far. :wink:

@magiwailord Your lists are done:

If you see any mistakes or cards missing, let me know. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

@exomemphiz Your Porygon list is done: a total of 218 unique Porygon TCG cards as far as I know. I was unable to find any artworks featuring Porygon unfortunately.

If you see anything missing or incorrect, let me know. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Wow, that was incredibly fast… O.o
Thank you so much, I’ll be setting up something to keep track of what I have ^^

1 Like

You are wonderful and generous with your time and skills.

I will check lists and let you know if I see anything different!

2 Likes

I’m almost curious to see if you can come up with different Voltorbs and Electrodes than what I currently have haha

1 Like

Haha, I think my lists will be lacking one or more cards you have in your checklist. But will add them on my TODO list for next weekend. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Hello Quuador,

In the event your queue is not heavy and you would not mind looking, could you please take a stab at Snorlax and Munchlax?

I was thinking those might be tricky with the number of promos they have but I saw you collect Pikachu sooooo… LOL

1 Like

Will also add them to my TODO list. I won’t have time for them upcoming weekend due to Easter, and with the Voltorb/Electrode having priority in the queue, but will let you know when the lists are done (probably 2-3 weeks from now).

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

@quuador, Added Portuguese EX Unseen Forces reverse and non-Holo to the Porygon list :blush:

1 Like