Let’s see the last set of cards or goal you accomplished for your collection

I finally hunted down the last dog I needed for my hgss 19-21 legendary dog set. Super stoked to have completed this!

22 Likes

I’ll stay on theme with the legendary dogs :). I finished this trio up late last year. Still waiting on someone to sell me Suicune/Entei 10s :triumph:.

16 Likes

I got an old maid deck I didnt know I needed :smiley: I try to collect Ooyama.

15 Likes

Ill throw these in here becasue they really did take forever. For a while i thought bgs was gonna change labels and i was salty. I graded them all myself and after many many reject 9.5s and 8.5s i got all matching 9s. I wish i still had pics of all the rejects but every one had at least 3 rejects except espeon and jolteon, flareon was last so i do have those pics.

14 Likes

First three Japanese Umbreon holos in PSA 9

This was my first goal as a new collector. The challenge was more about creating a goal that worked for me in terms of investment vs. enjoyment.

13 Likes

The Voltorb in this picture is the Korean reverse holo Sm6b card and was very hard to track down. I didn’t realize there was a reverse holo variant of the card until after they became scarce.

I also received the jumbo and accompanying promos from the Hisuian Electrode V box in all European languages.

Plus some vintage Digimon lol

4 Likes

I posted this before but still super happy with these 3, my favourite pokemon and favourite cards of salamence too.

6 Likes

were you cracking the slabs and resubmitting?

Na just been buying raws and cgcs for the longest time. A lot of the 9.5 rejects funded the project

These looked just like 3 random cards from the CP6 set, but…

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/composite/16300

They were actually the last 3 cards I submitted to became the 2nd completed CP6 set on Set Registry!
(Or 3rd overall as the least graded card in the set had 3 copies graded when I completed the set)

Fun fact: to ensure I got at least a 10 each and finish off the set once and for all, I actually submitted multiple copies of them and sold the extra copies to my LGS for $15 each which is basically just the grading fee. Some other collector bought the extra copies and posted on Twitter, and the post attracted some speculation of why someone would spend the effort to submit and sell while not earning from selling lol

14 Likes

my fan club porygon and eevee (yes i dont like the fan club shiny karp as i think the artwork is not very diffrent and it is insanely more expensive than the eevee and porygon so i just cant find a good reason to get it) and my grand party

10 Likes

Base set 1st edition Starters is Spanish, PSA 10.
Very underrated in my opinion, non JP/EN should get more love.

5 Likes

Not a recent purchase, since it’s been 1.5+ year by now. But these two unlimited edition Japanese World Championship cards were the last two cards I was missing to complete my Seviper TCG collection at the time. (Although right now I’m still missing two Simplified Chinese Seviper to re-complete it again.)

A more recent example would be the Swedish sealed Moltres to finally complete my sealed Moltres collection after collecting it for 4+ years:

Greetz,
Quuador

1. Unless a Danish one exists - I’ve seen the Ancient Mew with Danish insert a couple of times, but I’ve yet to see a legendary bird with that same insert. ↩︎

12 Likes

It’s been a while since I completed this goal. But since I first got serious in collecting, this card was the one that stood out to me most. It was the first one I wanted and the last one I got before considering my collection “complete”. In my opinion, the best card ever printed.

23 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I saw one of these. Breathtaking.

What’s this card trade hands for these days?

2 Likes

One small subsection of my Komiya hoard is the signed world championship cards. Throughout the years I always seemed to forget they existed. And I soon realized my collection was an additional 5 cards short!
I was able to track down 4 of the 5 cards easily on eBay but the feebas was no where to be found (for a reasonable price).
Here is the story of how I obtained it:

E4 is a magical place.
The status feature of e4 works!!!

I made this little status right after seeing @pfm post about this new feature.
I swear, within a day of creating my status I recieved this message from @bbobrob!

I never thought this would happen at all let alone so fast! What are the odds!
bbobrob mailed out the last piece I needed for my World Championship Komiya mini set right away.
Flash forward a couple weeks and I recieved this amazing gift in the mail:

They included this hand stitched (onto paper) feebas as well :pleading_face: it is so cute and wonderful. It is so incredibly well done!

And well, here they all are. My small complete collection of Komiya World Championship cards. This small completion wouldn’t have been anything special without the kindness of bbobrob, I owe them so much.

15 Likes

the DM we all dream of

8 Likes

It really is! I’m not sure what it’d go for today, I think the last sale was a CGC 8 on Heritage for 38.5k

3 Likes

Ah, i see another thread that i can occupy with my topps chrome slime, please keep these coming

11 Likes