Latest auction of near-complete Skyridge reverse holo set

An almost complete reverse holo Skyridge set was recently sold on eBay for $516.66.

What do you think about this price point?

I was personally fairly surprised, thinking it would go for much higher. Considering the history of the set, the price of individual reverse holos such as pikachu, the relative difficulty of locating/obtaining all the reverse holos in NM-M condition(in my personal experience), and the infrequency of a near-complete set appearing for sale, I thought a set like this would sell for at least double this price.

Here is the listing for reference:

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-SKYRIDGE-E-SERIES-reverse-holo-rare-uncommon-common-set-NM-/223208860813?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

Yea very cheap for a super nice set

1 Like

The seller of that listing received a negative feedback yesterday stating: “Seller refunded, never shipped due to low sale price. No communication. Beware.” Maybe this feedback came from that Skyridge auction? If so, you are not alone in thinking it was too cheap.

7 Likes

I would GLADLY pay that much everyday, especially for the condition. Very cheap.

2 Likes

Isn’t this the banned e4 member that had a discussion one day with @smpratte on discord and they talked about him potentially coming back? Whatever happened with that? Or maybe I have the wrong guy.

1 Like

If we are both talking about the same dude, I don’t think so. That dude’s ebay name has one of our oceans in his ebay handle.

1 Like

That’s a great looking set. I paid over $2k for a reverse holo mint set over the summer (no holos or crystals). The cards graded well. Pika is around $250 in a 9 and $500ish for a 10. Oracle has similar pricing. Those 2 cards alone (which look good in the pics), would have made this a home run. Almost any other card in the set can pull $40+ if the reverse gets a 10.

2 Likes

Nice catch…especially since it was private listing only…that makes it even more suspicious.

I initially didn’t see the sellers name, but now I understand why it went low. That seller constantly shills “private bids” their auctions. They also own the misgraded PSA 10 charizard and refuse to show photos of the back.

1 Like

You should have a patreon slot where people can sign up and just send you the ebay seller’s name to determine their reputation and if it’s a legit seller :relieved:

Its funny you say that, 2nd opinions are one of the most frequent questions I receive through patreon! The $20 a month level lets people do that whenever they want. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for disclosing this! $2k is right around where I assumed this set would go for, considering I’ve already spent close to $400 and have only completed about 1/4 of it.

Actual price was closer to $2,350 if you wanted a more accurate value.

1 Like

hey, I was wondering if these bright dots on Skyridge/Aquapolis Reverse Holos are something normal or print errors? Almost all my Skyridge Reverse holos have them

They occur more often than you’d think. I have a few severe ones. I believe many people overlook the printing defect in their own sets. I think it takes away from the eye appeal of the card and should be treated more as a defect (in a negative way) vs an “error” (in a positive light)

2 Likes

so I assume that PSA/BGS will treat these dots the same as factory lines?

I have these bright dots on 90% of my skyridge reverse holos. Some might consider it a negative, but I dont mind them.They are fairly hard to notice unless you are really scrutinizing the card IMO unless they are severe, and I think they are actually aesthetically pleasing. I’ve never graded my rev holos, so I’m not sure how PSA would treat them.