LampLamp's Flareon Collection

@obliviox91, thanks! Modern didn’t interest me too much when I first started collecting, but it grew on me in a big way

Happy New Year All! I hope everyone had a chance to reset, recharge, and spend time with loved ones. For my first collection update of 2022, I decided to expand my collecting goals to include some Flareon merchandise:

Flareon Power Bouncer aka “Put random Pokemon into toy rubber balls”. I remember going to Toy’s R Us as a kid and there was always at least one kid “testing” whether or not these actually bounced lol. I think I used to have one, possibly the Poliwhirl. Either way, very nostalgic item for me.

I don’t know too much about these TOMY figurines but I have seen them in other people’s collections from time to time. Found a good deal on eBay for a sealed Flareon figure so I picked it up.

10 Likes

What’s up my dudes. I started looking into the re-ment figures after getting some in my Secret Santa gift this year. The quality on these figurines is much higher than I expected for their price point. So far a big fan, it’s definitely something I’ll keep an eye on for future releases (and if I’m missing any that are readily available please let me know). I was able to find these three, which I promptly set up on my desk to keep me company while I work. My favorite is probably the lava Flareon (middle), followed by sleeping Flareon (left), and then sunflower Flareon (right).

7 Likes

Woah. Those are amazing. I’ve been thinking about possibly picking up some more Eeveelution Shikishi, especially for Flareon, but now this is tempting me to get some figures too. Super cool set up you got.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate that. So I had no idea what you meant by shikishi but I did some googling and figured it out. There are some cool ones out there, I might have to add a Flareon one to my collection at some point too. What a great time to be a collector

1 Like

Right now, my favorite one that I’ve seen is the My151 Flareon shikishi. It even feels like it’s related to the V alt art. I agree. Sucks that prices are up, but there’s so much out there for a collector to pick from.

1 Like

What’s up my dudes. Excited to share this update, I’ve been working on this for the last few months. I now have a PSA 9 copy of each unique version of the original Flareon artwork: Japanese Jungle, 1st Ed Jungle Holo & Non-Holo, No Symbol, Unlimited Holo & Non-Holo, and Legendary Collection Holo & Reverse Holo.

13 Likes

@lamplamp, I thought having all 8 variants in raw form was cool, but you took it to another level. My picky self would re-holder the Legendary Collection reverse holo so the label format is consistent. Maybe something to do once reholder fees and turn around times are decent enough.

1 Like

What’s up my dudes, excited to share my most recent PWCC auction win: A Dark Explorers STAFF Regional Championship Flareon. It’s my first and only STAFF card. Feels cool to own a piece of organized TCG play history

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing, @lamplamp. Flareon is one of my favourite Eeveelutions and your collection is amazing. The Dark Flareon and Pop Series 3 would be my favorites. :blush:

1 Like

@cbhpokemon, thanks for the kind words and glad you could enjoy it. Great picks for favorites!

I love your collection! I have a similar story with my love for Jolteon and coincidentally have recently started collecting PSA 9s for every Jolteon card! I’ve got a ways to go to catch up to you but the journey is exciting all the same. Will have to make my own thread once I get a little further in! :blush:

3 Likes

@indieguitar, thanks for the kind words! You should definitely make a collection thread and highlight your collecting journey, it’s the best part of being on E4. What is your favorite Jolteon card?

1 Like

I definitely will, thanks for the encouragement! Right now I am most obsessed with my Legendary Collection Reverse Holo Jolteon. The firework/starburst holo just looks so cool.

2 Likes

@indieguitar, great choice the LC reverse holos are something special!

What’s up my dudes excited to share an update. As you might know, I’ve been searching for a cracked-ice holo Flareon in PSA 9 for some time. According to the Pop Report, there are only 2 that have been graded and they are both 8’s. I saw this pop up on ebay and knew I had to grab it while I could. It’s actually in really nice shape and I love the holo design. Regardless it’s a good placeholder while the search continues.

11 Likes

I have a mint copy. Maybe mine can get graded and I take your 8 copy?

@eeveeteam, sure I’ll send you a PM

You can probably just throw it in the freezer for a cheaper effect :wink:

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like