LampLamp's Flareon Collection

Amazing collection! Didn’t realize there were so many great flareon cards

1 Like

I have to admit that your thread alone has made me a big Flareon fan! I def look forward to when you post updates! Sweet new additions, man!

2 Likes

This has been bothering me for a long time, but I finally put it together where the Flareon deja vu came from. Margaret Keane. I swear Flareon was modeled after her big eyes paintings. I hope you don’t mind me sharing this in your collection post. LOVE looking through your cards!

1 Like

That full galaxy-style holo on the XY card (great art as well) is really something they should do more of.

1 Like

Awesome cards! Love to see a species collector killin it!

1 Like

@davie, thanks for the kind words!

@prof, thank you and yes there are. It’s a blessing and a curse.

@kromaticlanturn, thank you, that’s super nice of you to say. I’m glad that I could inspire you and that you’ve enjoyed the updates. More to come but the timeframe is looking long. Unfortunately the last card I need currently has no graded copies in either PSA 9/10 or CGC 9/10. Unless it’s hiding in the backlog, I’ve got to try to source it and grade it myself.

@gengaranimal, that’s interesting. I’ve never heard of her but after a quick google search I see what you’re saying. Appreciate the kind words!

@c0ll3ct0r, totally agree. I actually had no idea that this style of card even existed and then one of the other eevee collectors posted their collection and I saw a copy of this card in their binder. It’s a fantastic card style. Hopefully we see it in VMax Climax

2 Likes

Thanks my friend, it’s been a labor of love and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it

1 Like

Great collection :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Thank you!

What an amazing collection! The recent alt art Flareon is honestly one of my favourite arts ever, for some reason I just love it. So glad to see you picked that one up recently!

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah I really like that card too, it’s easily up there in my top 5 favorite Flareon cards now. I’m very excited for the VMax version, already have two of the Flareon premium collection boxes pre-ordered so now it’s just a waiting game

1 Like

What’s up my dudes. With this new arrival, I’m very excited to share that I have hit my first milestone in this collection: I now have a graded 9 or better version of each unique Flareon tcg art from Jungle - SM. I have copies of each unique V, VMax, or CHR either in hand or in-transit. Will be grading those at PSA when it’s economical to do so.

My goal for 2022 is to improve the copies of certain cards to what I consider to be their “best” version. The card below is a great example, I would prefer to have the cracked ice promo version but so far I haven’t been able to find a mint copy. Hoping something like that is in the PSA backlog or I can find a mint copy on here.

I’ll take a nice family photo of them all together this weekend. Thanks for reading

17 Likes

Congrats on the milestone! Super awesome collection, my dude!

1 Like

Thanks my friend!

1 Like

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing them all together.

1 Like

Congrats on hitting your milestone. That card looks so nice and clean. Hope you end up finding the cracked ice holo version.

1 Like

What’s up my dudes, here’s my end of year update for my Flareon collection:

Cosmos Holo Flareon:

English Flareon V. I still like this card just as much as I did when the Japanese version was first released. Top tier art and I’m glad to have both versions in my collection

Flareon VMAX Alt Art. I really like this card. The colors, the VMAX sparkle, and the airbrush style all make this a top five artwork for me. Glad that it wasn’t impossible to acquire.

Blue’s Flareon. Bought way too many of this card but I don’t regret it in the least. The colors on this card are beautiful in person and the full art holo style is great. I like to imagine that, in this scene, Blue and Flareon are at the steps leading up to the Indigo Plateau. Flareon is unsure about challenging the Elite Four. Blue is doing his best to reassure Flareon that they are ready but is still met with skepticism.

This is likely to be my last update for 2021. Coming in hot for 2022 are some Flareon re-ment figurines. Have a good New Years all!

16 Likes

Wow, lamp! First of all, this has been such a good year, from my point of view, for your collection. Loved all the updates, and the focused Flareon thread.

Second, I swear, the best modern I have seen has seemingly been heavily biased towards Flareon. My god. These few are highly seated in the pantheon of full arts, if not universally some of the best. I was expecting to see the vmax lottery one in your hands soon enough! Love the Exeggutor Cameo in it too. What fabulous contrast in color and scheme!

2 Likes

@brendantheclayboy, thanks man. I was reflecting on your comment and I agree that yes I have had a good year for collecting. Thankful to be in a place to be able to continue to do that. You’re correct, modern has overall been very good for Flareon cards, especially the last few releases with Eevee Heroes, Lottery set, and now VMax Climax. Excited to see what’s in store for 2022

1 Like

Beautiful artwork. I’m not a modern collector, but I enjoy watching those collection

1 Like