Japanese Pokemon 1998 Meiji Mew

So I have been digging around and reddit brought me here.
When I lived in okinawa in 1997 to 2002 I came across a few Meiji cards from the pokemon movie. The set is 1-48 and I have a card that is number 0. Number 32 of the set is the same picture, but mine says 0. Havent been on here long enough to see if I can upload a picture.

![](<a href=)20210527-055938

I barely know anything about the Meiji set, but I’ve seen the #0 before. Here a picture of the #0 and #30 side-by-side from an old reddit post:

As you can see, the translations on the back are also different:

No idea how the #0 was released however. Maybe it was some kind of promo?

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

That is already more info on the card than I could find. I found on PSA 1 history of the card being sold at a grade 6 in 2018. And the usual wiki type find that only listed the cards 1 through 48

My only other thought was to find a way to email Meiji about this. Maybe they can clarify more.

1 Like

I’m actually the person who posted the side by side comparison on reddit years ago. I never did find out the origin of this, and I tried to find out more information from the seller from Japan when I bought it but no luck. Regrettably I sold my PSA8 years ago when I fell out of collecting, and have been trying to locate another copy since then. If you’re up for selling let me know I’d definitely be interested.

1 Like