Japanese booster pack collection

Hello guys I Was wondering if anyone could help me out on a collection I’ve been collecting over the last 7 years, I currently have every booster pack released in Japanese from the 1995 gum pack to the most current packs, all apart from the insanely rare power keepers/world champions pack, this pack was released in 2004 I believe and was made of cardboard and contains rare gold star Pokemon cards, making it nearly impossible for me to find an unopened/ untampered pack, but I’m enjoying the challenge but the longer time passes the harder it becomes to track it down, does anyone know where my best place to find it would be ?

14 Likes

I guess you have Bandai/Carddass/Meiji etc?

2 Likes

Actually I don’t have the meji and Bandai but I do have the cardass, it seems I’ve missed these packs, my main goal was to aim for the traditional Pokemon packs mainly but now I’ve seen them I’ll have to add them to my list for sure thank you, it’s been quite hard to piece together all the packs that have been released especially in Japanese

3 Likes

Awesome collection @zebadee , and welcome to the forum! :blush:

I have to ask though: does that Web booster pack by any chance contains the Moltres? I collect all variations of the WotC #21/Web Moltres artwork, including sealed, and I’m still looking for a sealed Web booster pack with Moltres in it (both 1st and unlimited edition). If the sealed pack does contain a Moltres, I would be more than willing to pay 150% the market value, so you can directly replace the Web booster pack with another one and have some cash left for other packs.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I’m sorry but it contains the gengar card, but thanks for the offer and hope you find it soon, must be cool to collect the web booster packs, it took me years just to find this one, and yet it’s not in the condition that I’d quite like but it’s still near mint, hope you find it soon! I did see a listing on eBay for a full set the other day, maybe you could message him and ask him if he has a spare!

And thanks for the welcome and compliments, I’ve enjoyed every minute of collecting these pack arts, card collecting become to much for me but I didn’t want to leave collecting all together so purchased packs every few months as and when they was released, plus the rarer ones when they became available on eBay

1 Like

Just wanted to compliment you for the awesome collection @zebadee. I also have similar goals and it is a very inspiring to look at such collections. Hope you find what you are looking for. Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you mate I’m quite proud of it myself, it actually took quite a lot of hard work searching for certain packs but luckily I was able to pick up a lot of the packs through pokevault back in 2012, and then every current pack since then to now, it was a case of just tracking down certain packs like the web pack and certain adv packs over that time, I checked eBay once a week for about 6 years in fact, I’m sure if I’d have checked every day it might have been quicker, I had a goal to collect one of each pack artwork for the English sets but I focused on the Japanese sets as I only had to find one artwork, but in hindsight financially that would have paid dividends as a lot of the packs have skyrocketed since then, and most was easier to find, I hope the pack collecting goes well and is as fun for you as it was for me!

For the wcp I would just comb Yahoo japan as often as possible as they do show up on there from time to time and uts probably your best option.

1 Like

I can imagine the wait and work it takes to track some packs. Although I am only getting back into collecting, I enjoy the grind and patience it takes for the right packs to come about. And yes, my idea of Japanese pack collection was also because it was more affordable and also I can scratch my completionist itch with limited pack arts. I also wonder sometimes if it will be boring to showcase my collection someday, since it is only packs and not the cards with the lovely artworks. But looking at your post I marvel at what you have managed to collect. I guess there is an audience for everything :grin:

Currently hunting the Battle Card e packs. Hoping to post my collection someday. Again thanks for the inspiration. Cheers!

2 Likes

That’s perfect thank you, yeah I’ll keep trying, do you know what price range I’m looking at ? also with it being a cardboard pack with possibly high value cards inside and the chance of resealing I’ve got to take a bit of a risk , but I think for the right price I’d settle just to have the pack in my collection whether it’s been tampered with or not

You’ll get there mate, if I’m honest, now I’m right at the end I’m kinda gutted because whenever I finally found what I was looking for it was a rush, so now I haven’t got that excitement apart from looking at them all, that’s exactly how I did it. I got bored of collecting cards but didn’t want to stop collecting all together, it started when I see a listing on eBay with 12 packs from base to destiny ,after I bought them to keep sealed I was hooked and decided just to keep things simple and collect only them, ahhh yeah the battle e packs I’ve seen some on eBay actually, did you know about them being on there, it was a few days ago ? Also I’ll help you look for them and keep you posted if I find anything you want

Also I highly recommend buying the perfect fit graded sleeves from eBay the seller is in Europe, and they’re the perfect size bag to fit the longer Japanese packs, and it doesn’t allow to much for movement inside the bag

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @zebadee. Will seek you out when in need for advice. Happy holidays!

1 Like

I’ve managed to track these booster packs down, packs that Id totally forgot I needed until gary2000 mentioned it to me, any knowledge on the authenticity of these items ? And whether there’s more from the Bandai set that I’d need after purchasing these items ? Thanks

4 Likes