Is this Zard fake?

Hi everyone! Do you think this one is fake? I’ve got some doubts about the Fighting Energy symbol alignment in Pokebody description. Thanks for your attention!

This Japanese one is listed over here for around $4100 which I just assumed must also be fake due to the price.

Scrutinize the listing and the seller’s profile as much possible. No photos of the back (red flag), background cards are italian but the zard is english, etc. Best to be conservative with your judgement on higher value cards.

Also that Japanese crystal is real, doesn’t mean they have it or will sell it at half market value :melting_face:

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying! I’m not actually interested in the card so won’t dig too much deeper about whether they really are looking to sell. Selling for half market price raises enough alarm bells.

1 Like

I actually have a photo of the back too. The seller says he found it in a collection he bought from a guy

Saturation is off. Also anecdotal information like how they acquired is unnecessary. Imma go with fake on this one

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Another point of it likely being fake is the holo itself doesnt look dynamic. The stars all stay completely visible in both photos even though they would normally change depending on angle differences and lighting.

6 Likes

^ this is what I noticed too. Two different angles but the holo pattern is identical. Implying it’s just printed on and not actually holographic

4 Likes

Also want to add, that these types of printed fakes usually use the stock image from tcgplayer. Pay attention to spacing and locations of swirls/orbs.

3 Likes

Phew…thanks to everyone who saved me from a big scam!

1 Like